Remember to always have a fire extinguisher full *pics*

So I’m in the garage working on my car and I see my dad bolt past the garage. I go outside to see what he is doing, and I see his work trailer smoking.
We open the side door and we are greeted by a big ass fire.
It’s crazy when you are in such a panic, you forget where everything is, so I finally find the fire extinguisher and there is about 5 seconds of spray left. So we grab the garden hose, but it’s not long enough so my dad jumps in the truck and pulls the trailer forward so the hose can reach.
Here is the aftermath:

Obviously it could have been much worse, but the biggest thing is all the canvas is destroyed… roughly $15k in materials…and this is when “busy season” starts up
It got so hot inside, that, everything in the rear of the trailer (fire was in the front) was melted, the radio,his calculator,fan,ect.
So, if anyone knows of anyone selling a ~26’ aluminum car trailer, PM me so I can help my dad find one.

Ugh, now I have a wicked cough from breathing in all that burning canvas. yuck

What started it? It looks like it burned for a bit with the looks of the wood. Sorry to hear it, I hope the insurance geeks can help you out.

What did your dad do??

Damn man that stinks. What does your dad do exactly?

Makes custom canvas boat covers…bimini tops,mooring covers…ect.

Not sure exactly what caused it, we are dumbfounded… fireman said electric…

how would electric cause it? what’s your power source other than when it’s hooked up to the truck?

sorry to here, fires suck :frowning:

God damn. :tdown:

Insurance will handle it though, right?

holy shit man… glad you caught it semi early though… how did it start

his mom.

sorry i had to

Ohh MAN… That blows:meh:

we sell trailers and could prob refurb that one

That sucks man. A good fire inspector should be able to find the source. Hopefully your insurance will cover the losses.

i was just on craigslist and seen this

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/rvs/1087252983.html

hope it helps

I had a grill blow up on my once … you are right you forget where everything is or what to do

this does not seem to help lol :lolsign:

The fire fighters said electric…and the insurance companies like to hear that…so that’s what we are sticking with.

My dad is driving to Scraton,PA tomorrow to pick up a new ATC 26’ All Aluminum trailer. :ballin:
He added up the losses and it looks like ~$70k in inventory :banghead:

Are the materials covered under some sort of insurance? I mean, my business stuff that I keep at my house are covered by a rider policy on my renters insurance. Did he have something like that?

Looks like that use to be a nice trailer too…sucks to hear man.

is the dodge ok

wow ouch :frowning: