Remote Start

I think i might actually end up getting one of these now… Any recommendations on shops? I have read up a lil on them and i guess if i use the DEI model I can use my stock remote entry fob thingy.

sonny do you know anything about that?

Clifford like I told you before. That way there is no cutting, or shop ghetto riging of the clutch sensor. Just tell them you have a manual and you know cliford makes a remort start for manuals. you won’t be sorry.

from what i was reading I can really get any remote start put on the car, some do come with the system like you earlier describes with the clutch deal.

the key to this will be if i can use my stock fob, and it seems like clifford are somewhat pricey for just a remote start

cost money to play :smiley:

pshhh… its just not worth it for something that can do the job for so much less…

if i shut down pittspeed for the winter then i could afford one easily!! haha :lickmahpu

:smiley:

Its not that expensive :smiley:

Plus you’re rich :hs:

i do not… b ut i’ll look thru whortex for ya.

i am rich as a poor man can be!

auto fx does a pretty good job

I’m curious if I could use my standard key-fob thingy. Maybe use my panic feature to activate the remote start instead of the horn/lights BS. Just a thought…

i put about 4 of these in a day… vw’s are the not fun… to many security feature’s to bypass and on 5 speeds you gotta flick a switch… then put the ebrake up… flick the switch a couple times… take the key out get out of car~

everytime which isn t fun either…

on a auto’ there cake… but you still have the security feature’s which suck on vw’s to bypass…

but i can tell you one thing… once you have a remote starter you will not go with out one on your next ride! i love going out to a warm truck! :cool:

Do you know off hand that difference in putting one in a 5 speed honda civic si? (04) Just basically the changes from auto to the 5 speed. I’ve done a few of the automatic ones, like you said, they’re cake

i put them in also, i work at best buy, they usually want like 160 without keyless and 200 with keyless entry

we are not alloud to putem on a 5 speed

people would really fuck shit up then, lol

u can use any remote start, just make sure the person knows what they are duing,
what kind of vw do u have?

So is there a way to use your stock key fob?

what jeff asked, and will you do it to my car as a side job! I would rather pay you then best buy.

i have a 2002 VW Jetta GLI VR6

I might be in too. '02 Grand Prix GTP

yea ill do it,
Let me check on those cars

as for using the stock key “FOB”

im not even sure what ur talken about

stock key

The unlock/lock/trunk popper thing that comes with the car when you buy it thats a keychain also.

hah key chain :rolleyes:

vw key > *