Remote Start

I’m thinking of getting a Remote start for my 03 Honda Pilot.

best one?
where to get it?

easy to install?

how to?

if you want to drive there , immaculate koncepts in jamestown does the install well.

I think innovative still does them

compustar or DEI

easy to install? yes, IF You have a decent knowledge of automotive 12 volt. take Your time and think it through, no biggie.

A pilot is easy to do, but if you’ve never installed a remote starter I wouldnt recomend doing it yourself. If you wanna drive to Kenmore I can take care of you.

Theres alot of good brands out there, it all depends what your looking for. Just a remote starter, alarm/remote starter combo? Do you want a 2way system or just a standard 4 button keyfob? Alot of people sweat brands such as DEI and Compustar, and not that their bad, but its more the installation than the brand name. Just stay away from junk ebay systems.

Try to do it yourself. I just installed a Phoenix Digital pd-175 alarm/remote starter in my 4 runner. Took me about 3 1/2 hours.
It was my first time ever installing an alarm. Just follow the instructions and get your vehicle wiring info from…http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiringsearch.asp
and wualaaaa…

I checked a couple places to get the alarm and remote starter installed and everyone quoted me $300 and up.

alarm/remote starter w keyless entry= $100
12 thingy of corona’s = $17
total = $117.00

^^not bad compare to $300 bux huh?

Good Luck!

^3.5 isnt bad for first time. 1st one took me ~3hrs too, 4 or 5 units later and it takes me bout an hour.

:word:

It’s ALL in the install.

If all else fails, contact Rainbow. BDR5oh, BDR Lt1, etc. Many, many rave reviews of them.

<----- is on the come up

Anyone ever hear of Ultra start remote starters? They have them on ebay and they look like the one I had installed in my truck the second time around. I really liked that unit, much better than the CC DEI one I had at first.

:tup:

they are decent. I am stuck on the omega units myself.

sweet ill look into those

i also wana put one on my new daily driver a 96 Civic LX 5speed

im gona deff do this one my self all i need is a remote start.

compustar

innovative sells, and installs them. im sure if you wanted to install it yourself mike would get you which ever one fits your needs.

ehhh im not looking for top of the line alarm and remote start

im looking for a cheepy remote start for my daily driver with no alarm

im thinking of going to walmart and getting a bullydog one and just bypassing my clutch.

Don’t buy a Bulldog, you’ll regret it. Theres many other systems out there that you can get for a decent price, and will give you no trouble.

If you need help finding one shoot me a PM

just get one from eGay. You can get a decent one for under 75 bones’
and try to install it yourself.

What do you guys think of this

http://cgi.ebay.com/AST-Ultra-Start-1270-Keyless-Entry-Auto-Remote-Start_W0QQitemZ130046155905QQihZ003QQcategoryZ48611QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

remember this is for the civic not the pilot

or this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130046181496&fromMakeTrack=true

Here we go again… I’ve had a bulldog in my taurus for 6 years now. Still works perfect.

Installed another bulldog in my mom’s old buick 4 years ago… yeah, still working perfect. Can’t go wrong for the money.

Both are good systems. That Prestige alarm/starter combo is actually pretty decent, I’ve instaled atleast 50 of those things. Their only downfall is that they absolutely suck to program, unless they’ve changed that.