Remote starter help.... Chevy Cobalt.. insight needed.

I’m fairly decent with wiring, i can follow directions, and read a schematic, i can use a test light etc etc…

What would i need to install a remote starter on an automatic cobalt?

does it need a bypass? anybody have a link to a DIY page, just so i can see how intensive this is?

The car has power locks, windows, etc etc… and is an automatic.

Thanks

Realistically Im looking to find out what it would cost me to buy the parts and do it myself or just pay somebody else to do it? thanks

does the key have PK3 etched in it?

your going to find power in the drivers kick, it wil be red. locks will be there too blue and white i believe. also in the kick is park lights and brake. brown for park lights and ehite or blue for brakes. im pretty sure its white. youll have to take the column apart to get to the wires you need for the bypass. theres two differant immoblizers in these cars/ you have one or the other depending on what the key says.

if youve never done a remote start before, this isnt a great car to learn on.

what year slobalt ??? PM me

05 i think… 2 dr… i havent really looked at the key… ill let you know in a couple hours

thanks derrick, thanks dirty…

my bad locks are white. its a multiplexed wire in the kick lock is - pulse and unlock is - pulse through a 1.5k resistor

I did one in my mom’s 06, it wasnt that hard. I had to sacrifice a key to the install though.

check these out

GL

if you use a pkg3 you dont need to lose a key.

how much would that cost extra?

dude, just call Brent.

worddd. pm me his number… i lost it… lol

Easy car to do if you have the correct parts.

Dont use a test light on the car.

Theres no reason to lose a key if its pk3+, I have the hybrid passlock bypasses here if you need one.

We usually do the PK3 cars with an uncut key and a DEI 555u, especially if its start only.

The idatalink modules seem to be working out pretty nicely too.

Dan

it has a circled + sign on the key… how much do places normally charge for this car… just to put a remote start on it?

200 ish or so… depends

what does it depend on lol? Why does it cost so much more than an 04 cavalier…

I had one installed on an 04 cavalier… it was 5 spd, it had NO power options, they did actuators and remote start… and a bypass…

160… installed… are they truly that much different? Btw… it was a compustar 1way unit

It depends on what kind of remote starter your buying. Most places charge $199 for a basic system w/ keyless entry on newer cars that need some sort of bypass module. Cost will go up more if you want a system with longer range, LED 2way remote, or LCD 2way remote.

$160 installed for all of that is cheap. Thats not a common price.

Word… andre if you read this… please PM me daves number, i lost it

the install price is 150 installed w/lifetime and 2 remotes, 50 for bypass and 50 for keyless. this is a mars system, hard wired not spliced.

go see this man. he did my fathers f150 not one problem yet. wired very well