Renting a fun car - where?

my buddy rented a new G8 GT locally. not sure who it was thru. I would rent a vette for he weekend from hertz but they either wont have them locally or they will always be out of stock

http://www.affinitycarrentals.com/showroom/index.php?ct_id=5…do it there only in Toronto

Ok, IN BUFFALO where can I rent a car for sunday that would not suck completely to drive.

A Focus or Cobalt or the like is pretty much the only thing you’ll be able to find on short notice in Buffalo. Maybe a sixstang like Jay mentioned, otherwise just basic transportation.

Just got to Kayak.com and search for used cars in Buffalo. Find what you want and call and confirm and see if you can pay for it in advance for a specific car.

On a side note, will I lose rep points if I show up to a cruise night in a Corvette with HERTZ stickers all over it?

jim i have a better idea… plenty of dealerships give you “take home test drives” :slight_smile:

saturn comes to mind…

Cool idea but can’t abuse the hell out of the car tho.

Kinda reminds me of the seinfeld episode where kramer takes the the car for a test drive and runs all the errands like shopping and everything with the sales guy in the car

I would just be worried about Zonging it.

Well, whatever I end up getting, should be open for the Rental Car Challenge. Pay a small fee for the use of the car, and you too can compete against a few of us “seasoned professionals”. Just think, you’ll be able to remove the car from the equation and see how your skills really stack up.

I think you can get V6 Accords.

You can do hairy FWD burnouts around turns.

well on top of everything i want to get the wife involved with some Auto-X action.