Requesting assistance *GTP 3800 GM crew*

no

How do i aquire or make a L67 a short block, this intriques me. My goal is a sleeper, about 3 grand is my max, since i can just drop this tuned engine in my next car

you can get a used tranny from 350+ usualy. A good race trans will run 3k+
but a very reliable rebuild from www.zzperformance.com can be had for around 2500
The L67 block is very tough and will produce tons of trq and hp with all kinds of different power adders. You need to figure out how much you want to spend and research on clubgp and L67swap.

As far as tunning and working your PCM I would get a L67pcm+wire harness so you can use DHP Power-tunner and tune it yourself. Also becarefull with just buming your timming. KR is a big factor with these motors and you can blow them very easy.

Ok, your gonna hve to dumb down a little for me, i apologize i dont know all your acronyms. Wireing is my biggest fear

A rebuild with torque converter will run you between 1800-2200 for a good unit. ad in Performance parts, and you could be in the 3k range.

This is coming from someone sitting in front of aamco’s pricing guide

I guess I am too used to hondas, shit! 2k for a transmission. wow.

I need a better job…fast

I can work hard, and learn quickly, anyone have anything that i can learn or need just brute force work?

I sold one today, and that is exactly what i said, it was the first time i actualy felt horrible giving a price quote. And speaking of hondas, they are getting $$$ too, the new CVT that they are using in a lot of the vehicles can be anywhere from 1800-3200 depending on damage!!! :eek:

Ed Morad is a big parts guy. Hes located in ohio and deals just with gtp, bonni’s, regals. Ask him about a motor and tranny combo. He can hook you up.
[email=“GTPED@msn.com”]GTPED@msn.com

Thanks, does he do Pretuned things ,sort of i pay him and he tunes it and then i just drop the bitch in? sort of like a crate motor thing

no. You would have to contact DHP about a custom PCM. Or buy there power-tunner program and tune it yourself with a laptop.

whats DHP?

buy the tunable ecu and have Innovative tune it for you :tup:

and how much is that?

Ed is great, i would talk to him about anything you need.

This is your BEST bet for tunning a PCM for an L67 hands down.
DHP

It takes a factory computer and burns the code.

How much power can i expect to gain on that with just my Series I 3.8?

I do not believe the DHP tunner can tune a series I pcm.

As far as tunning and gaining power there is not a set number. Every car/set up is different. Some only gain a few poneys others gain HUGE amounts of power. It only takes the set up you have and helps it run to its potential

Alright, i emailed Ed asked him for a quote on a series 2 or 3 with a tranny to handle 350-400(Goal) and im awaiting a response. Then once i have that i can grab the DHP and other toys if i desire.

With the new motor and trans, plus the DHP what do i need to do to get 350-400 horses

pully, downpipe, injectors mabye, lots of things im probably missing also.