Requesting assistance *GTP 3800 GM crew*

join unycgpforuns.com, look for posts by “2fast4u”. He posted an awesome tutorial for tuning…

alright, thank you

If u need anything installed, or tuned…PM me I may be able to help.

Thanks, i have hand tools thats about it, right now i just have to get my rear sway bar fixed, came off driver side, and rusted out of the frame rail, so i gotta get a new plate and new bracketry and ill be back and solid.

I dont think you’re gonna have to worry about PCM tuning yet. That would probably be a bit overwhelming. Just worry about basic mods. Well, actually concentrate on what kind of car you want to get. If you want to get a Grand Prix…this is what I would do if I was in your situation.
Save like crazy…eat at home dont buy stupid stuff…save…save…save…
Then by summer sell the bonnie, and start lookin for a GT/GTP.
Now since you are REALLY on a budget, I’d say…buy a '98GTP. Then, buy the cheap(er) mods. CAI=Cold Air Intake, a 3.4" Supercharger pulley=builds boost quicker, exhaust system. Then After more saving and more reading on www.ClubGP.com and www.UNYCGP.com you’ll know what other mods to buy. I (along with the other GP guys will help you along the way) I have LOTS of experience with these cars and even more with the engine. Studderin also knows alot but he gets a lil creepy with his knowledge…:wink:

hahaha, i was planin on saving somewhere between 3-5 grand, I might be pickin up one of the guys heres GTPs i dont know the year off hand, its up in this thread somewhere, and so is his SN that i cant remember. he wants 4k for it. but i need more details, its already S/C and has some mods done to it, so i can sort of get it to where i want to more easily. I want a Good deal of power, but i dont want to eat a tranny every 3 months. according to some people theres a fine line on that. Do you or anyone know the maximum safe horsepower on these trannys?

Id prefer to get a 00 or newer , i like the body style better. more physically attractive, it would be a SE or something and id have to do all my own shit, but hey, thats how you learn right.

well.

this is all i can give you.

97-98 grand prix gtps are going for madd cheap now.

and the older years… don’t have the SC code on the vin. so insurance is cheaper.

carl (vq30de) told me that a while ago. He knows what he is talking about :tup:

oh and cinnabons, he knows about them too.

some of them are cheap, and they have high miles, i found a 2000, SE with 50 some odd miles for 4500. no SC but i can do that, cheaper insurance ya know. i might buy carls, but i like the newer style better

97-03 have same body style FYI

i was lookin on cars dot com and the pics were diff, well ok that makes it cheaper

theres mine, HORRIBLY DIRTY/UGLIER THAN USUAL lol

MMMM still, that is hot, id have to get it painted black LOL, and get some chrome dubs, but i like that. how many miles you say? what year? i am indeed interested

its a 99

124k miles, 44k on transmission (just replaced it)

It has leather, heated seats, 8 speaker Bose, heads up, bla bla bla…
Overall I like it a lot, but its time to either move on to something faster and AWD or more luxo like a bimmer…

OOOO HUD!!! wow, stop talking or im gonna be in more debt

ok average retail is $7k, trade in is $5.5k, buy it now for $4500 with door damage. Includes parts needed to fix (matching door and fender). You can mount them yourself very easily. Good snow tires, new parts too

and it has sunroof

Most people that beat on there cars “limited” amounts can make a tranny last with 300WHP/380Wft.lbs. Tq. I’ve gone through one tranny and I’ve gone between 280Whp to ~roughly~ 320ishWhp.
Studderin’s car ran mid 12’s and dyno’ed 'round 330Whp and was on a stock tranny.
DID U SIGN UP ON www.ClubGP.com YET???
Almost ALL your answers are there. I got spare parts if u need some…lol.

I cant even think to buy until august, i have a $1800 debt to resolve first

just registered to clupgp