Resident "car guy" doesn't have the answer

FWIW…as far as size goes…I am 6’5", 275 lbs…i owned an escape, and fit just fine…i did however try a new camry, and forget it. VERY uncomfortable, with hardly any leg room…

i say escape, or diesel.

Tommy Kendal fits in that Lexus, He’s 6’ - something.

[quote=“Bigronsaudi,post:15,topic:28740"”]

Saturn Vue V6
Honda engine 250 ish HP and decent gas mileage

[/quote]

:word: That’s what I was going to suggest.

The gas mileage may not be much less than an Escape hybrid if at all, plus the principle buy-in will be probably 10 grand less for a slightly used one. On top of that, a Ford is a Ford. The Honda Saturn will be more reliable.

Oh, and he sounds like a family man. Saturn vue = survive a crash that he’d die in if he were in an escape. (2008 Escapes only got a 3 star frontal rating. Pathetic.)

I dunno, I’d be willing to bet that the total cost of ownership of a slighly (1-2 year old) Vue would be a lot less than an Escape hybrid.

Especially if he’s going to drive it into the ground. 15k buy-in gives him a hell of a head start over the 25k buy-in for an Escape hybrid.

[quote=“Bigronsaudi,post:15,topic:28740"”]

Saturn Vue V6
Honda engine 250 ish HP and decent gas mileage

[/quote]

I just bought one in February for my wife. I got $1500 in incentives and 0% financing for 5 years. It was actually cheaper to buy it new than to buy a 3 year old one. The greenline version is crap and does not have the honda drivetrain.
My friend has a prius and a golf TDI. He wants to dump the prius and get another TDI. He converted his TDI over to run on waste veggie oil so it is even cheaper to run. Even on diesel I think he gets about the same mileage as the prius.

Good luck finding a TDI.

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:21,topic:28740"”]

FWIW…as far as size goes…I am 6’5", 275 lbs…i owned an escape, and fit just fine…i did however try a new camry, and forget it. VERY uncomfortable, with hardly any leg room…

i say escape, or diesel.

[/quote]

Really… Hmm im 6’5" and i fit just fine in my accord… I thought camry’s were suposed to be a toyota accord… Are they really that small?

i mean…i fit in it and all, but my right leg was imbedded into the dash/console. very narrow. I drove it for about a block and turned around because my knee was killing me.

Chevy Tracker 4 cylinder. ROFLCOPTER!

highlander hybrid all the way, very roomy, and not too bad on gas

plus its fast as hell