Restaurant Review : Montana's

Montana’s Grill and something on Niagra Falls Blvd. Walk in, Nice western atmosphere 20-25 minute wait, not a big deal, Im handed this card that is called Kokanee Salmon, and they said we will call this when your table is ready…so im like Kokanee salmon WTF. So i grab a menu to ponder at while me and the 3 others are wiating before we go see conan at UB. So table comes up and its a high-top table which is = to bar height, no big deal. We look over the menus, i order the Rib-eye steak, a friend on here but not often( Treads4heads) orders the buffalo chicken sandwhich. and the other 2 dont matter that much. I ordered mine Medium Rare with a Caesar salad and French fries. In about 15 mins the food comes, and the Steak is overcooked, to about medium-well. BTW the caesar salad had bacon in it? odd. So the steak was good but to dry for my liking. I knock that off, and move to the fries, which werent horrible but werent the best either. Mind you the Rib-eye was a 14 ounce and it was maybe 3/8 inch thick and small for my eye. Anyway it wasnt enough food and it was freaking 18 dollars. So the bill comes and its 50 something, and they include the tip on the bill…so were like well…thats not gonna happen, so we broke that off, becuase the service was poor, the menus were tossed at the table with not a care in the world, and she screwed up the buffalo chicken and a damn philly cheese thing came out instead and we had to send that back.

Overall, I was not impressed by the food, the host service, the Waitress service. The only thing i liked was the atmosphere.

And Treads4heads got food poisoning from his Buffalo chicken Sandwhich so, from our collective perspectives, Montanas was not a good experience

Well looks like i wont be going there.

I’ve never had anything but really good experiences there. That sucks that your experience wasn’t that great but it’s a great place to go.

:tup::tup: from me

It’s a better than average corperate food establishment.

Bacon is more common in ceasar salad than you think.

steaks are always overcooked recently, because of fucking “mad cow” and all that other scare shit.

6 people + always have the tip included because a lot of people fuck them over - they fucked up the food order but that doesn’t mean they didn’t do shit.

This is all a counterpoint and if the service sucked then it sucked, but it happens at a lot of places, and you should try it again and i bet things will be better.

Also, complaining on an internet forum does little - not to say that you shouldn’t - you should TOTALLY talk to a manager, they will give you free shit, customers service/satisfaction = no. 1 priority in corperate situations.

I’ve been there twice, it sucked both times. The first time was shortly after it opened so I gave them a pass. Went there about a year later and it still sucked. If you’re looking for a real good steak and aren’t willing to pay Chop House prices to get it, try Scotch and Sirloin on Maple. Great service, great steaks, and they don’t overcook them.

i usually will go places whether i here if they’re good or bad…just so i can judge things for myself

Ew. Montanas. ew.

+1