Restaurant Review: Saigon Bangkok

512 Niagara Falls Boulevard, Buffalo. Between Kenmore and Sheridan on the west side of the street.
(716) 837-2115

Driving down NFB many of you have no doubt noticed this restaurant. It really stands out because most of the shops on that strip are in beat up old buildings. This restaurant is the complete opposite with an attractive and inviting facade. The interior follows through and is impecably clean. The atmosphere is relaxing and casual. It’s casual enough for a meal among friends, but it’s also a great place to take that significant other for a fine meal.

The food was excellent from the fresh veggies to the seafood and meat. I had the summer rolls and panang curry duck. You can’t get good duck just anywhere and they passed that test with flying colors. The menu is very extensive including pages and pages of Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. The portions were just the right size and the price just right as well. $8-12 for entrees and $3-6 for most appetizers. Any place where a couple can go have an quality meal in a great environment for 40 bucks or less gets an A in my book.

The service was quick, attentive, and charming, yet never overbearing. Just the way I like it.

I plan to return as soon I get the chance. This takes the place of Saigon Cafe as my favorite Thai joint in Buffalo. Saigon Bangkok has several times the seating and plenty of free parking versus searching around elmwood to find a spot and waiting for one of just a few tables to free up at Saigon Cafe.

Happy eating! :slight_smile:

-Mike

edit: reservations can be made, but usually not necessary on off nights.

Im getting saigon cafe for lunch today, cant wait to try this other joint though. Someone told me they were the same owner though…

ZphatZ’s (name on barf, dont know if he is on here) family owns both of them. Infact, there is a good chane that he cooked your food. :tup: for a really good restaurant

I wasn’t sure if they owned both, but Pat and his brother were in the kitchen cooking for us. The food at both places is great either way, but I prefer the overall package at Saigon Bangkok.

I’d go there as often as I could if I didn’t know them, but since they’re car club locals we all have an extra reason to go. :slight_smile:

-Mike

They have a coconut shrimp soup that is the best food ive ever had…

ugh…

im going there right now

That is one of my favorite places to go eat. :tup: to Tommi and the crew over there!

Great food, nice and relaxing… not overly expensive, and just an awesome place to eat!

BTW im now eating my panang, fucking good, food at both these places.

Thank you Mike for your kind words. I’m glad you like the foods and service. Any NYSpeed.com people want to drop by to have dinner should let me know so that I can have discount for you guys :smiley: .

:tup: to Patrick and family, some of the nicest people you will meet.

good place :tup: I also like similar restaurant like Jazmine and The King and I

awesome food. :tup: i eat there all the time. i just munched some basil fried rice last nite.

It is fantastic there :tup:

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge :tup: to that restaurant and to patrick when i went there. he custom catered me to everything

I will seriously kill people for your summer rolls.

do i get extra discounts for being an employee and nyspeed member? LOL.

pat, you should consider being an nyspeed sponser :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, if anyone eats at saigon cafe, I work there.

Im there practically every friday. If im not there i ususally have someone bring food to me at work. I look forward to “thai friday” all week long.

Man I love this place. I get takeout from there a couple times a week. Simply amazing food. For the money you can’t come close elsewhere.

Check it out!

-Mike

word i took a couple pix for the website a couple years ago

One of my favorite places to eat for sure. I need to go sometime soon! :tup:

not to jack a thread by also try my friends restaurant The King and I