Results from NYI 10/14

oh yeah screw all you hippies my car is slow!

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:68,topic:36975"”]

I took my timeslips…and some from LS1tech…

These calculators are off…

Quit whining and goto NYI :lol:

[/quote]

I agree they do suck. It said was making 370 rwhp with my 1/8th mile time, but when I used my 1/4 mile time it said 420 rwhp motor and 580rwhp with spray. 50 hp is a big jump, but then again the 700r4/4l60E has a huge drop from 1st to second which kills the car’s power band.

Just curious Joelster why do you run around with the bottle hooked up…If you don’t use it? :lol:

FTW on th good 60ft out of a FWD car. Good job tens are in sight for sure. Lots of impressive cars are starting to come about this makes me happy lol. I want some good competition when i get back not just a bunch of 12sec humpers who think they are fast.

2010? Cougarspeed on the rampage?

whoo haaa andrew on a warpath.

Yea i will be home for good sept 09 so i would say 2010. So it looks like you guys have some time to step up the game. Especially since i might not even change my setup although i cant really see the motor staying together that long.

bone stock shortblock from an unknown mileage Caprice (it looked pretty good)
new bearings, clevite
XFI 468 cam 242/248 .584/.579 on a 114
TFS heads lightly touched up by Oddy’s probably flow 5cfm over stock TFS
30lb Accel injectors
Pacesetter long tubes
Magnaflow cat back
TFS pushrods
Comp roller tip rockers
918 Beehives
Custom tune by Paul at PM Performance
th350 manual vb
Art Carr 5000 stall
Strange Dana60 3.73
Lots of suspension goodies
some weight reduction (still have a way to go) prob 3300 with me in it

Best E.T.
60 ft 1.6462
330ft 4.8792
594ft 7.1202
1/8th 7.6144@ 91.77
this was at an admittedly slower track (it is sort of uphill, lol) and i rode the brakes just a touch at the end (was bracket racing), I broke out anyways
It would probably run a 7.45ish/11.60ish at any level 1/4mile track. I will be at the track again this sat with a lot of new goodies, and hopefully a video/sound clip by Monday.

:lol:

So you run around saying you have stock heads?? :lol:

5000 stall :tup: also

:tup:

Damn sorry man i dont know you but that setup is a FAIL.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:88,topic:36975"”]

bone stock shortblock from an unknown mileage Caprice (it looked pretty good)
new bearings, clevite
XFI 468 cam 242/248 .584/.579 on a 114
TFS heads lightly touched up by Oddy’s probably flow 5cfm over stock TFS
30lb Accel injectors
Pacesetter long tubes
Magnaflow cat back
TFS pushrods
Comp roller tip rockers
918 Beehives
Custom tune by Paul at PM Performance
th350 manual vb
Art Carr 5000 stall
Strange Dana60 3.73
Lots of suspension goodies
some weight reduction (still have a way to go) prob 3300 with me in it

Best E.T.
60 ft 1.6462
330ft 4.8792
594ft 7.1202
1/8th 7.6144@ 91.77
this was at an admittedly slower track (it is sort of uphill, lol) and i rode the brakes just a touch at the end (was bracket racing), I broke out anyways
It would probably run a 7.45ish/11.60ish at any level 1/4mile track. I will be at the track again this sat with a lot of new goodies, and hopefully a video/sound clip by Monday.

:lol:

So you run around saying you have stock heads?? :lol:

5000 stall :tup: also

:tup:

[/quote]

Who the fuck said I have stock heads? I have TFS heads. (TrickFlowSpecialties). I said they flow probably 5cfm more than stock TFS heads, meaning the ones you buy from summit. Meaning they are lightly touched, your reading skills suck. You need a fucking hood ride…again.

60` 1.64
330 4.84
1/8th 7.63
MPH 88.93

Stock CAM
Stock LS1 INTAKE
Stock HEADS(shitty casting)
Pacesetter longtubes
Stock ported TB
Stock Tune(except for shift points)
4l60e 4000stall
SFCs, LCAs, CompEng
255/50/16 MT drag radials…
Full belt…still running power steering…

Did cut a 1.59 before it broke…7.62-1 I think I need to find that slip

Yea this was a meh pass would have been faster had I not been hot lapping…and if we tuned the shift points lower…car stops making power at 5600 shifting at 6200…no slicks/skinnys usually .1-.2 on the table with those :frowning:

probably would go faster down hill with a tail wind :tup:

[quote=“joelster,post:90,topic:36975"”]

Who the fuck said I have stock heads? I have TFS heads. (TrickFlowSpecialties). I said they flow probably 5cfm more than stock TFS heads, meaning the ones you buy from summit. Meaning they are lightly touched, your reading skills suck. You need a fucking hood ride…again.

[/quote]

Calm down with the roid rage :rolljerk:

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:89,topic:36975"”]

Damn sorry man i dont know you but that setup is a FAIL.

[/quote]

Yeah, stock block, stock crank, stock rods, stock hyperuetectic pistons, low compression (64cc heads, stock is 58). I never said my car was a rocket. Putting a forged 383 shortblock in it will put the compression back up near 11-1, WHICH IS WHAT I BOUGHT THE HEADS FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, they don’t belong on a 350 motor. The heads are even marketed for boosted, or stroker applications. It’s a mis-match for sure, but I had them laying around when the first motor bit it, so I said fuck-it and put them on.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:92,topic:36975"”]

Calm down with the roid rage :rolljerk:

[/quote]

No way man that is small penor slow car rage hahahahahaha omg i loled at my own joke i rule.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:91,topic:36975"”]

60` 1.64
330 4.84
1/8th 7.63
MPH 88.93

Stock CAM
Stock LS1 INTAKE
Pacesetter longtubes
Stock ported TB
4l60e 4000stall
SFCs, LCAs, CompEng

Yea this was a meh pass would have been faster had I not been hot lapping…and if we tuned the shift points lower…car stops making power at 5600 shifting at 6200…no slicks/skinnys usually .1-.2 on the table with those :frowning:

[/quote]

OMG!!! You have power steering???OMG!!! YOU HOT-LAPPED!!! Shitty head castings???WTF, I thought LS1’s were god’s own design? Dude, ditch the power steering, you’ll be in the 6’s/11’s for sure.

HAHAHAH you get so mad all the time on here why do you think people will give you a hard time. You shouldnt make it so entertaining.

5000 stall with that setup FTW…Hope you try and spray that convertor with your kit :lol:

I was just gonna cam my car and throw a rear and tranny in it over winter…to keep things kinda fair…if your going 383…I should probably throw some heads on my car :lol:

[quote=“joelster,post:95,topic:36975"”]

OMG!!! You have power steering???OMG!!! YOU HOT-LAPPED!!! Shitty head castings???WTF, I thought LS1’s were god’s own design? Dude, ditch the power steering, you’ll be in the 6’s/11’s for sure.

[/quote]

They are…

They run the same times as someone with a Ported aftermarket LT1 heads and a giant cam :lol:

I wouldn’t have even came on here and said shit…but you have to spend all this time busting my balls about borrowing parts and all this bs…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:91,topic:36975"”]

60` 1.64
330 4.84
1/8th 7.63
MPH 88.93

Stock CAM
Stock LS1 INTAKE
Pacesetter longtubes
Stock ported TB
4l60e 4000stall
SFCs, LCAs, CompEng

[/quote]

And what is your race weight?

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:98,topic:36975"”]

They are…

They run the same times as someone with a Ported aftermarket LT1 heads and a giant cam :lol:

I wouldn’t have even came on here and said shit…but you have to spend all this time busting my balls about borrowing parts and all this bs…

[/quote]

Yep stock LS1 heads flow around 250ish, so do mine. My heads aren’t ported, not even close. They look like someone hit them with a dremel for about an hour, def didn’t get what I paid for, but that’s another story…My cam isnt soo giant when you see it’s on a 114, it isn’t even lopey, the cc306 sounds nastier. Since I bought my cam, Comp has redesigned it , tightened it up. I never started any shit with you dude. You bring this all on yourself. You just have to have the last word in everything.