resurfacing flywheel:

hey,

i’m changing my clutch this weekend and i’m wondering if i need to get my flywheel resurfaced, my engine is apparently under 60,000kms so it can’t be that badly damaged and its not going to get worse over time unlike the clutch.

also if i should what places do that? and on a sat/sunday.

thanks

`nik

if you can see slight burns or discoloration on the contact surface then have it resurfaced. might aswell do it well you have everything apart anyway. it should only cost $70 to $90. im looking for a place to get mine done also.

im doing my clutch this weekend too. do you know what size torque wrenches are needed?

i don’t what size torque wrench beacuse i don’t understand how that would matter because there are adapters, but i do know the torque for the bolts. and as for the flywheel, i heard it was like $30 to get it re-surfaced, like rotors.

what i meant was what size are the bolts so i know what to use. a mechanice told me it was $70 for resurface

really? see i got my sources off the internet and realitly does like to kick my ass so i wouldn’t be surpried, as for bolt sizes, i dunno i have a complete set so not a probelm, but sorry i can’t help you out.

i just had my stock flywheel in my '98 prelude lightened from 20 lbs —> 11.5 lbs … not cheap.

it was done by Leitner Performance.

There’s a place on ottawa street that will do it, and press a new baring in if needed(recomended) for $60, or $70.

They are located just before king st. across from the MTD factories, if you hit the guitar store you’ve gone to far.

how do you get the old one out is what i want to know!

???

supposedly you use a slide hammer. whatever that is.

the baring? i just gave them the flywheel and they did the rest,

i suppose you could use a punch and a hammer because you don’t intend to reuse the baring, but you could nick it up real good if your not careful.

how much difference will you make if you can take 10pounds of the flywheel?

10 lbs? Alot, theres a formula somwhere, i can’t remember what it was. But less rotational mass will make the car rev faster and you will gain hp, because there is less weight to spin.

is it safe to grind down the KA flywheel?