Review: Eagle1 Nanowax Spray

Description (Eagle1 website):
Easy, no-haze carnauba spray wax for a high-gloss shine and protection

Because time spent waxing, is time spent not doing something else! Eagle One has developed a spray wax that is truly easier to use without compromising the results. Provides long-lasting protection and a great shine.

NanoWax spray is a no-haze spray wax that utilizes tiny nano-sized carnauba wax particles to penetrate deeper into the paint surface, providing better protection, a deep, glossy shine that rejuvenates the look of your paint and lasts longer than conventional spray waxes.

* Quick and easy to use. Just spray and wipe to a radiant shine, no buffing necessary
* Spray bottle provides control and ease-of-use
* Conceals minor scratches and swirl marks
* Nano-sized carnauba wax particles eliminate smearing and streaking
* No white residue left behind
* Protects from harmful UV rays
* Use on glass and trim for added protection and rain repellency</i>

what I found:
It goes on as described–just wipe it on like a quick detailer after washing and drying the paint. It makes the paint look wetter, I think. Maybe a bit darker. It’s hard to tell since my paint was already decent looking. I don’t know how well it “hides swirls.” I’m guessing it does until the silicone washes away. And what good is that?

But what really put the rain on my parade was that right after applying and wiping off, the paint is SLICK. Slicker than anything I’ve used (Blackfire being the slickest sealant I have used). I said oh, wow…then when I got around the car and felt the first panel I did, it felt somewhat slick. Not really as slick as it once was. Definitely not “just waxed” (and since I put on a coat of Pinnacle Signature series 2 weeks ago, the paint was reasonable slick without the Nanowax).

I’ll keep the Mothers FX Synwax Spraywax. Similar look, cheaper per ounce and the surface is slicker. A lot slicker. Yum. Slick paint. rummy.

http://glanzdetailing.com/images/carimages/nanospray3.JPG
http://glanzdetailing.com/images/carimages/nanospray2.JPG
http://glanzdetailing.com/images/carimages/nanospray1.JPG

Good stuff, Cory… :tup:

good write-up.

i’ve been looking for a good quick detailer. i guess i’ll have to pick up some of the mothers you suggested. :tup:

I like Mequiars NXT detail spray. Seems to work well. I just claybarred and waxed the Suby Saturday. Talk about slick!

I haven’t tried the NXT detail spray. I know the NXT spraywax was a joke, since you had to let it haze like a normal wax. :slight_smile:

I have had good luck with Mequiars stuff, but I don’t think I would want to try spray wax.
I’ve never used any Eagle1 stuff other than some tire shine. I might give this stuff a try when my NXT runs out.

Hmmm, I have been using it more or less like a quick detailer, and I like the results. Just spray on, wipe off and there you go! I even hit the windows and stuff with it. Granted, its just for a quick showy look and I dont expect it to last more than a few hours the way I drive, but still!

good writeup corey :tup:

i really didnt like the NXT detail spray. I prefer the Mequiars gold class detail spray.