RIAA Now Says CD Ripping Is Illegal

"Luckily, its hypocrisy is as boundless as its greed. Remember when the RIAA (Record Industry Association of America) was arguing in front of the US Supreme Court in the Grokster case, and it said that ripping a CD that you lawfully own to your MP3 player was “perfectly lawful”? Well, now it isn’t.

The RIAA is now arguing that it is illegal, and wants to get it legally shut down. No, really, something as trivial as sworn statements to the Supreme Court should be simply taken in jest, right? Well, no, I don’t think they are that dumb, but history was never the music industry’s strong suit, it is in the box on the shelf, covered with dust, right next to a tiny thing called “conscience”. Either way, rights like fair use seems to be a concept totally lost to it."

Damn, the way this is going, pretty soon it is going to be illegal to listen to music.

That is the gayest thing I’ve ever heard. You bought it and are listenign to it on your MP3 player/Computer/whatever. If you aren’t letting anyone else have those files that doesn’t seem like breaking the law to me. Damn RIAA… :rant:

someone needs to start a email campaign to have everyone not buy a CD for a whole month. Like August of this year, plenty of time for lots of people to get the email. Lets see how cocky they are went they make no money for a month.

im going to start burning my music and books now. i will wait for the riaa to let me know what and where/whne i can and cant read/listen too.

is there a more crediteble resource than The Inquirer?

Read the fucking article… Jesus!!

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/archives/004409.php

As good of an idea as that sounds, if consumers get that word spread fast, odds are the industry will get wind of it too and reschedule album release dates to July or September.

even if they did, they still would have an extrememly bad month regardless if its new albums or not.

and we all have metallica to thank for all this bullshit

money hungry whiney bitches that they are.

wahhh wahhh wahhh we only made 50 million last year, we want more wahhh wahhh wahh

fuck off

How long could people keep that up for? I would be surprised if they could get a month but it wouldn’t go beyond that i’m affraid…

It’s good you know what the inquirer is…

:shakeshead:

BINGO! I hate that fucking stupid band now.

http://www.campchaos.com/show.php?iID=232

Napster BAD!!

Just for Kevin…

lol FIRE BAD!!!

hahaha good find

i doubt it could last a month either. The whole point is if a lot of people showed the RIAA that we are getting really pissed off and sick of their shit they might finally shut up. And the only way to do that is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

I dont have any exact numbers, but im sure that even if for a short time their profits were cut in half they would be losing millions.

Inquirer /= Enquirer

shocking :rolljerk:

omgods, know weigh

Almost makes me glad that pretty much all of today’s music is utter garbage…

Oh, and the RIAA isn’t going to be able to stop jack shit. Anything they come up with, will be circumvented, one way or another.