ride atv's ?

The vids are sick, man. I wished I could do a 1/4 of that in the air. Haha.

I looked at some of that GNCC stuff. Looks like trials riding for dirt bikes and sport quads. I’d love to watch some of that. I think the trials would be sick. I love the trails bikes. Again, another something I wished I could do. SS, I’ve seen some pics of your personal trails on the forum. Def. sick man. I have no doubt you can rip it up.

However, what I was riding over. I’m not saying it’s impossible on a sport quad, just not desirable. I’d love to see a sport quad rhomp over the 8"-18" logs with branches and tree stumps all over. However, I just think it’d be to agressive for the clutch and general gearing of a sport quad. Mostly, I’m saying I like to crawl a 4x4 is like ripping up a trail on a sport quad. They are what they are, but designed better for what they do. It’d be like taking a Corvette off roading on a trail, or taking a Jeep Wrangler to a road coarse. Built differently.

On that topic, I think they (Quad Manufacturers) have done a lot more for the 4x4’s sport/utility quads in the past couple of years than any of the sport quads. You use to see the 660 Raptors and DS-650’s and 400’s and then finally the 450’s in the early 2000’s. I know that’s what I always had dreamed of riding around on. But that was years ago. What have they put out recently. There are Wolverines, 420 foremans, Brutes, ThunderCat’s, Renegades, etc, etc, etc. It’s like the big bore 4x4’s own the market. Stock to stock, sporty’s and big bore 4x4’s are damn close on acceleration/top end. I know sporty’s are lighter and more nimble on the trails. But that doesn’t mean shit if you get beat down a field to the next trail…you’re still be behind the 4x4. (Which is nice, so I don’t have to do any crazy manuevers,…I can just toss you the rope when you get stuck. Haha). I know people can work up a sport quad pretty good. But look at some of the worked up sand drag’ed and “redneck” big-bore 4x4’s setups. It seems like I see more people on “youtube” putting turbo’s on 4x4’s than sport quads. Crazyness…and I love it.