Rider down 90/400 area

Drove by this site on the way to work this morning…sad news for sure. Not to make any assumptions as to who was at fault but there was a healthy single-tire skidmark leading right up to the point of impact with the guardrail…will be interesting to hear what the investigation and witnesses to this have to say.

RIP to the rider…regardless of how it happened.

I’d have to believe there are a number of first hand witnesses. When I drove by right after it happened there were already 7-8 cars pulled over trying to help.

That area is where I see a lot of cages realizing they forgot to get right to merge onto the 400, the news reports all indicate the ridrr was thrown upon impact so I’d guess the skid mark had nothing to do with the accident considering witnesses stated the bike continued along the shoulder and into the guardrail unmanned.

i pumped gas next to a older looking rider not too long before this happend on center and union. dark bike/dark gear.

this story kinda makes me glad my bike is up for sale… hopefully staying on 4 wheels this summer.

rip, this is a terrible situation.

I hate to be a dick, but you are probably closer to the truth. There’s no excuse for running into the back of a car. There can’t be, it’s too easily avoidable and too severe in consequence. It may not have technically been the rider’s fault, but try telling that to him now. This was either a failure to leave proper space cushioning or a failure to recognize a hazard, probably both.

emergency braking should be practiced every ride…

in a parking lot… 0-40-0…

again it may or may not have saved this gentlemans life… im not going to speculate.

This is why I’m somewhat cautious about getting into bikes. Even if its technically not the riders fault it doesn’t mean much when said riders dead.

My dad went by this, said the guy was laying face down in the middle of the street and cops standing above him

So true. I get cut off all the time while driving, doesn’t mean I’m plowing into the backs of cars. The guy was 72, I can’t imagine him pulling a spontaneous heavy swerve.

have you never seen old people drive before?

anyway… my dad went down sat to PA to do a ride down there with some people, and dumped his bike when he made a turn and hit some snow on the road still.
I was pretty worried when i heard that, but this makes me feel not so bad about it -.-
if you can understand what i mean ;\

drove past this accident at 8:30. Looked bad. Did not see damaged vehicle other than motorcycle. RIP.

motorcycle was supposedly a suzuki hayabusa…

they’re called cars. cages (or cagers) is the most retarded nickname ever created.

+1, I watch bikers drive down Main St. all summer WOT, wheelies, in and out of traffic. It sucks to see another life lost; I can only hope my impression and prediction is incorrect.

I crashed my bike in 2004 being an idiot and traveling toooo fast on a road i wasn’t familiar with. I almost was cut in half by a guard rail. I pretty much walked away but got a huge scar across my lower stomach. My bike was totaled and I never bought another one again. I will ride a friends bike here and there but wont ride any kind of way i used to. I am lucky and realize it. RIP to the rider.