"Right Hand Drive JDM" 180SX in Trader

i thought our all mighty and glorious neo mod said it wasnt possible

How not?

He has also impored and registerd a R33 Skyline, 1996 Bubble Back Civic, 1998 DelSol CRX etc…

Never herd of loopholes or “grey aera’s”?[/quote]

Yeah, loop holes are great… until someone finds out…

How not?

He has also impored and registerd a R33 Skyline, 1996 Bubble Back Civic, 1998 DelSol CRX etc…

Yeah, loop holes are great… until someone finds out…[/quote]

Right, Then the loophole is close but like the saying goes…

“When one door closes a new window opens” :wink:

well, thats news to me!
loopholes are key
and you guys are hilarious

How not?

I know that guy, I saw his white R33 at importfest. He said it cost him $50K to buy it, bring it & legalize it.

ooh, the gts-t? i was staring at that car for half the time i was there :lol:.

Loopholes or whatever you want to call it, still illegal.

Report it to the CBSA and it will be impounded.

All of you who say this car is legal, read this and then shut up. That means you Jantos :twisted:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4140/rc4140-e.html

Yea, that was a nice car. I liked the Skyline (even though it was bone stock lol), the black old school Supra near it and an S13 that was near the edge of the stadium. Most cars there were utter rice. The girls weren’t all that good either lol… There were maybe 2 or 3 that were good, the rest… eeeh.
Other memorable cars: The Powerpuff Tib ;), the pimp’d out corolla with a NES in the backseat!!, the NSX (I love those things… sooooo much) and the bone stock Z8 (I was pissed that it was there… Ooh look at me, I’ve done absolutely nothing to my car, but I’m rich enough to have one therefore I am GOD)

How not?

Yeah, loop holes are great… until someone finds out…[/quote]

Right, Then the loophole is close but like the saying goes…

“When one door closes a new window opens” :wink:[/quote]

bob is quite correct, from talking with the customs guy that comes into work all the time, if the ministry were to investigate the cars would be impounded and taken away…this is what i’ve been told and i belive what the person was saying

So I could import a car as long as I bought it brand new?

Maybe the guy had a “friend or family member” say it was a gift? Is that possible?

No on both accounts because:

Taking into account both customs and Transport Canada requirements, in most cases, you can import a vehicle into Canada on the condition that the vehicle is designed, manufactured, tested, and certified to meet the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards or the United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, bears a statement of compliance label affixed by the original manufacturer, has not been altered, and the certification from the original manufacturer is still on the vehicle

Also, new cars are dealt with by the RIV, if they’re allowed, they’re allowed… if they’re not, they’re not.

12 G’s ?? for what, good luck with that sale

But it says “In most cases,…” Maybe this was one of those cases.

no its not, that only applies to cars made in the US, anywhere else its not possible, you must wait 15 years, legally

It means in most cases you can import if it meets those requirements, but sometimes you still cannot import, even if it does meet them. Either way those requirements must be met, or forget about importing it.

Unless of course you do like this guy does. I’ve talked with him on the phone - he wouldn’t tell me but how he does it but there’s only one way - and I looked into his cars at the MTO - connections :wink: He will smuggle in parts and reassemble them here. Which of couse is illegal, since you have to sign a waiver stating you will never assemble them into a vehicle. As well he would have to get an affidavit from a local MTO comissioner, and lie in that legal document also.

It means in most cases you can import if it meets those requirements, but sometimes you still cannot import, even if it does meet them. Either way those requirements must be met, or forget about importing it.

Unless of course you do like this guy does. I’ve talked with him on the phone - he wouldn’t tell me but how he does it but there’s only one way - and I looked into his cars at the MTO - connections :wink: He will smuggle in parts and reassemble them here. Which of couse is illegal, since you have to sign a waiver stating you will never assemble them into a vehicle. As well he would have to get an affidavit from a local MTO comissioner, and lie in that legal document also.[/quote]

not to mention hella expensive

My $0.02 about RHD (since I own one)
You think only a couple feet wouldn’t be a big deal but it IS, trust me.
How many times have you not been able to see if it’s clear and just leaned closer to your window to look around the giant SUV sitting across the intersection from you…
Now that 6" or so made a difference… now go minus 30" and you get the idea…

You basically cannot see oncoming when there is another car across from you.
WHen I make a left in that situation I usually either go as far right as possible in the lane to try to see from BEHIND the guy or I just wait till the light is yellow and creep slowly.

But that doesn’t mean you can’t go left, it just means you either end up really careful and wasting light cycles OR a total moron and hope you can pull through before anyone else hits you. (Or have a passenger you can REALLY trust to spot for you).
You also can’t pass the slow old people going 40km/h on back roads without either leaving huge distance OR approaching a hill so you can see if traffic is coming down it…

I love my RHD but I don’t drive the car in mississauga making tons of turns all day, in fact I live at the edge of my town and only have to make one left (at a stop sign no less) to get to country backroads :smiley:
I can use the car as a toy on weekends/night etc and don’t have to drive it anywhere I don’t want to.
If it was my ONLY car… well… it woudln’;t be.