Rumor of banning jdm

i heard a rumor that the gov’t is trying really hard to ban the importation of jdm (RHD) cars was wondering if anyone had any info on this or if its a rumor…and if it is true can the ban the ones already here

Rumor. I doubt they’d do anythign like that. Whos going to export the cars? I sure as hell wouldnt let them take mine. We’d have to start up illegal underground JDM drifting and racing in huge underground parkades. :lol:

They may stop the importation of cars, but there is absolutely no way they will take away the cars that are already here. Look at Motorex. They imported cars into the states illegally. The government let the cars that were already payed for to stay in the states.

Can we call it “Canadian Drift” Or better yet where ever you are drifting " ‘your city’ drift".

I call owning the s15.

There is no way they can legally take away anyones car, if it was imported and registered legally under all current laws they cant take it away. Now stopping importing of foreign cars, they can do but i dont see it happening.

No!!! My future dreams of owning an s15 will be crushed!?! If it ever does happen i’ll have to go extreme and do a s14.5 and make it legal.

Dont worry, your s15 dream is still very doable. Go to your local Pontiac Dealer and lease a Grand-am. Voila.

sweet i hope they do ban it, then my cars value will go up by like 4 grand :lol:

j/k i would rather have the option of keep buying cars in the future than make a bit of extra on my current one… and be forced to do SR swaps all the time :vom:

Ha ha! Amesome!

ha ha ha, i hate you, i love that car…just not the back end.

ha ha ha, i hate you, i love that car…just not the back end.[/quote]

Slide beat me to it …

ifyou hate the back end which I do …just put the front end on a s13 or s14 …or even a dc2 like people do as well … the car as a whole has the same capabilities as a s14 or even s13 for modifying …

They can’t touch cars already here as long as they are registered. When Mitsu. intoduced the Lancer a few Evo’s made it into canada and once they sold the government couldn’t touch them.

agreed …it will slow or stop imports but not touch the ones here

ha ha ha, i hate you, i love that car…just not the back end.[/quote]

Slide beat me to it …

ifyou hate the back end which I do …just put the front end on a s13 or s14 …or even a dc2 like people do as well … the car as a whole has the same capabilities as a s14 or even s13 for modifying …[/quote]

Yea, they are sexy, should do what andrew did, s15/180 back, so sexy, love his car. And that burn’t orange, it’s awesome, and his rims, i wish i would’ve bought those off him :frowning:

Yea, they are sexy, should do what andrew did, s15/180 back, so sexy, love his car. And that burn’t orange, it’s awesome, and his rims, i wish i would’ve bought those off him :frowning:

correct me if i am wrong, but i believe he got it like that.

Turn key tuners = Weak sause.

Still cooler than a Civic. :oops:

Hardly. I smell a challenge! 8)

oh Jeff.

you have a way with things,

and, on the topic of drifting in big parking lots,

F&F3: Tokyo Drift Avaliable on DVD Sept. 26!

wtf is a Turn Key Tuner ?!