Rim Questions

lol illegal?

hahah I use to own a M3 and would get pulled over constantly because my rims were too wide.

He told you that eh? Wow…

17x9 +20 offset will fit fine all around

GT

I once got pulled over for having a a really big dick.

I got a ticket for not attaching an OVERSIZE LOAD banner to the back of my car.

im suprised his mom even fits in the 240

FYI it is illegal to have the outside edge of your rim protrude more than an inch beyond the fender.

This is why OEM fender flares exist.

source?

i have heard that as well… in fact i saw it in the HTA actually… but i didnt know it was an inch, i thought it was just having them protrude at all past the fender.

i thought it was tire by 2.5"

or at least that what i remember from my jeep days.

generally you can get away with about an inch

HOWEVER that doesnt really apply to car guys… 1 inch on a car rim with a fender thats an inch away from the top of the tire… bad news.

jeep guys and truck guys have more leaway… but the police will ticket for anything past about an inch.

but they also hand out tickets to jeep guys for having disconnected sways and things too…

really tho… an inch stuck out on a car… looks fucking stupid.

GT

what if you had your rear tires tucking under the fender a bit?

any law on that issue?

and by tucking i don’t mean the fender touching your rim, just a small tuck.

an inch is 25.4mm. That’s basically having a 25mm spacer on wheels that are perfectly flush on your car. That’s just stupid.

9" wide wheels + 20-25 offset for rears on an S13 is perfect. In the front he can get 8" wide wheels +20-25 offset and it should look good.

well shit on my red 240 im runnin 18x9 +20 and 18x10+ 22 and the rim looks like it sticks out maybe 10mm but when the suspension compresses the rim clears the fender. but its a grey area cause like i said my rim sticks out a touch but the tires especially the tread of the tire is completely inside the fender. look at the rule book again. they dont clearly states what sticks out past the fender and by how far. so is it the rim or the tire or the tread? if you end up getting a ticket go to court and itll be dropped.

just for reference…

and also ill be using 17x9+15 and 17x10+12 on my track car which is currently being built. if it sticks out past the fenders just roll and pull your fenders and add - camber. problem solved

nice car like always mr.240sx

are those a 215 on a 10"?

seems so. very nice. do you ever get hassled for that small tuck on the rears? do you know if theres a rule about that? i think there is for the fronts tho.

btw, nice stretch! very flush.

edit: whats the specs on camber front and back? seems like -1.5 or something from the angle of those pics, not much.

the front are 225/40/18 and the rears beleive it or not are 245/35/18

my next set of rear tires will most likely be 245/40 or 235/40 as the 35 series sidewall is too small for my kidneys.

as for the camber specs, my last allignement was in may last year and since then the car was drop a good half inch. when i got the car alligned it was at -2 in hte front and -1.5 in hte rears but i beleive the rears are closer to -2 now.

as for a law saying you cant tuck tires, im not aware of that. mind you the local cops here dont say too muhc about my wheels and exhaust or the height of the vehicle. they just pull me over usually once a week to check to see if the car is stolen. i guess they cant beleive a 20yo guy owns it. either that or they are just harrassing me in hopes that they will find drugs or something else illigal in the car. who knows what they are thinking.

245 in the rears?? thats VERY hard to believe especially with only -1.5 to -2 degrees of camber on a stock body. especially when you got it tucking like that.

very weird but looks like a decent stretch since you can see the outside of the rim.

its hard to see but the fenders are rolled and stretched just a tad. before i modified the fenders i was running -3 camber and they would still rub a tad. but yeah they are definately 245/35/18 in the rear.

but who knows what my camber is now cause like isaid earlier i lowered teh car some more since the last allignemnet

your s13 is still the sexyest thing i have ever seen lol i want stretch like that but i dont know what size i want to run yet