Rims, Tires, & Offset, Bring It! lol

Alright guys, I’m looking at getting rims sometime early this spring & I’m looking at 16x8 +15 offset rims…

I’ve planned this…

STAGGERED

245x45 = Rear
225x45 = Front

will this work well without pulling or rubbing against the fenders? I’m looking at mounting them on a 2.5" drop on the 240. I can stretch the tires on them but I’m interested in a wider profile, and 245 in the rear is the best\optimized width tire to run on that width of rim.

Let me know if you have any experience or input in this, I want it at least flush & I wouldn’t mind if they stuck out around an inch max lol.

Thanks.

They wont stick out, thats a pretty conservative size. If I were you, I’d just go 235/45 all around, no need for a stagger. Plus then you can rotate them.

^^I second that.

^ by conservative do you mean flush? it’s a +15 offset, so it makes me wonder…

how bout if i ran 0 offset? lol

205/50R16.

by conservative I mean they wont be super-uber-jdm flush. You may want to roll your fenders depending on your ride height but you wont need a pull. With a 0 offset you may need a slight pull to be able to run a decent sized tire. Its up to you.

your looking at sportmaxx I’m assuming(XXR)? Go onto zilvia and look around the pics threads, you’ll find lots of people with either setup and you decide what you want.

yepp, I’m actually having trouble finding a vendor that carries them here in Canada! :\

I’ll keep looking on Zilvia for ideas for a nice setup as well.

**finally decided, and found a pic…
it’ll stick out about an inch from the rear fender with the 245’s on, and a bit over flush in the front with the 225’s… bad ass lol.
I actually prefer meaty tires(low pro=less balloony) moreso than tighties(stretched) even tho it looks more “JDM DORI DORI TYTE” :wink:

My friend Kyle (krgoodwin) on the forums here, bought a set of XXR 002’s I believe from a shop in Markham near Denison if I remember correctly. He told me the name of the shop, but I can’t remember the name for the life of me, and no it’s not JDM-P.

^ bro that would be great if you can give me the name and contact for the shop! :slight_smile:

Dan, you have my number? also add my email from facebook bud.

Option JDM maybe Dan?

You might get them cheaper off ebay still, or even look around for a decent used set.

No, not option. Something very very plain and boring, like auto imports performance… hahaha u know?

i know that shop that you’re referring to. that shop is located just east of woodbine on denison. the shops is called AIM. auto something market. i cant remember the I. look for steve. hes a close friend of mine and is the top guy there. however avoid talking to the really old guy with a beard. he’s the owner and an all around asshole. i used to go there a lot and everytime i was there he’d give me attitude even i gave them good bussiness. so look for steve and tell him alex said hi.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/166563-maximum-tire-rubber-wheel-fitment-thread.html <- for all beefy tire jobs :slight_smile:

DUTIES & SHITT?!!! that’s the main reason I’m holding backk from ebay and US Sites!:rolleyes:

Thanks Alex & Dan, I’ll try to find out that place…wonder if they have a site lol

by the way…amazing link there rogerthat240!! props man :cool:

Ya thats the shop. Alex is right for once lol.

16x8 +19 on a 245/45 at -2.5 deg camber with a roll.

Never had rubbing issues. Not sure how much the car is dropped though (should be 2.5" at least). I regret the -2.5 deg. I am planning on going about 1.5 this season. I would probably recommend rolling. No need for a pull.

its pretty easy. go on woodbine and head towards denison. then head east on denison. you’re gonna pass one street on your left then turn into the first driveway on your left. when you get there make sure to ask for steve and tell him im asking if he winter drives his nsx. hahaha.

16s are for pussays

Go 18s

^^ tru my 18’s rub on everything. i dont mind tho

why is that, I like 15" to 16" stock body slammed = old school vibe
…would 16x8 and 0 offset (all 4 coners) be flush??:dunno: I’m a rims/ tire noob.lol