RIP: Marco Simoncelli (Motogp)

RIP. I guess its officially posted on Motogp.com

Kid had a ton of talent and was a blast to watch. The accident was pretty intense, helmet came off.

Such a shame… so many deaths in racing lately

Such a talented young racer. RIP

FUGGGG RIP

Oh man what a shame :frowning: RIP

:frowning:

I found a link that was the wreck in slow motion… very sad. (his face sliding, helmetless, on the pavement… makes me cringe)

It kinda looks like Rossi’s front wheel hit his neck and took off the helmet. I’m sure it was very quick… :frowning:

Sad news, but I’m surprised that more people aren’t killed in motorcycle racing.

I cannot find a better camera angle, but I’d really like to know what led up to him cutting across like that. When he enters the picture he’s pretty much off the bike already. The only thing I can think of is that he is trying to avoid clipping the rear tire of the bike pulling ahead of him out of that corner. It looks as if he is leaning so hard to avoid that collision but you would think he would anticipate the oncoming bikes that eventually hit him. I’m at a loss here, but am really curious as to how this accident broke down.

Look closer, his tires off the ground.

He was trying to save a lowside. There’s another angle from a bike mounted camera showing Marco with his knee planted in the ground trying his hardest to save the lowside. He was able to keep the bike from crashing, but lost his footing on the pegs and that’s what caused him to veer across the track and back into the racing line.

^ , about 0:25 on:

https://youtu.be/o4-Ght1eYwQ

Poor kid. at least he was doing what he loved!

2 years ago today, seems like this happened yesterday RIP :frowning:

^ damn… cant believe that.