Road and Track: Ultimate Track Test

Not really, according to the results the EVO is within 92.3% of the Gallardo performance at 19.2% of the cost. Where as the GTR is within 99.7% @ 32.9% of the cost.

Now using the Lambo normalized for value @ 216,000, dollar for performance the value for each car is:

EVO = 199,368
GTR = 215,352

The performance savings over MRSP is then:

EVO = 157,868
GTR = 144,222

Dollar for dollar the EVO (according to R&T s flawless 25 point rating system) is 9.46% BETTER than the GTR.

Normalizing the price per performance to the GTR would yield:

Gall = 71,343
GTR = 71,130
EVO = 65,872

So compared to the GTR, the EVO is $24,000 underpriced.

the fact that the evo is even being compared to these cars, says a lot. A ton of “bang for the buck”

i love that viper ACR (minus the red stripe). i saw one at waterford hills (outside detroit) absolutely flying around that course. the howl that it made was great.

that lambo definitely deserves the win though. fast and able to be driven all the time. the viper would get old as a daily driver. too loud and racecarish. the twin disc clutch they put in them now would help but its really a track car at heart.

Brian

you bmw fags really stick together aye?

No, he was telling me about Press cars. These cars aren’t an accurate reflection of what they really are. GTR = overrated for something like this.

BTW I don’t associate myself with gingers

The biggest and really only problem I have with that test is the tires. All the cars are on different tires which is the most important parameter in the test. If you check the tread wear rating spread in this group I bet the number would go from like 40 (ACR, GT2) to probably 240 - 300 for cars like the M3 and evo X. I would love to see a test like this with the cars on the same tires so you can see the differences between the cars rather than the tires.

That was also a factor too, when reading it… some were on pilot sport cups where as others were on like meh tires. But I guess they come stock on the car, so i guess it has to be factored in

go read car and driver when they compare the m3 to the gtr

that magazine is a little more your pace

I didn’t want to have to agree with sedlmeier earlier when he posted what he did, so I’m glad you commented also, Tom.

What was said is so damn true. C+D is retarded.

+karma

I don’t care about the M3, the GTR is more than the M3… who cares… I’m talking about it keeping up with the viper, and generally being in 3rd place. Believe me I said the same thing, when I saw the results until I was told its not the case for the actual cars

Quit being a fag

Interesting.

Oddly enough, an eight- or nine-year-old probably would have chosen the top two right off the bat. They scream hypercar, and as we know, that ain’t always the case.