Road and Track: Ultimate Track Test

This is a long read:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=6939

I was hoping to see that the new evo X was going to stick to it’s roots of being a giant killer on the track, but after competing in auto-x, road courses and an oval track I can say I was disappointed… yet not surprised. The competition ( Z06, gallardo, GT2, GTR, DBS, Exige S, R8, M3, ACR Viper ) were all sports cars and generally demolished the X.

The results ARE surprising though, and I suspect most people would not guess who the overall victor was… anyways, decent read if you are looking to waste some time.

:suckoff:

My guess, overall victor = viper… lets see.

Close :mamoru:

And I don’t think they are all that surprising at all? :shrug: Aside from the winner which I wouldn’t have pegged to be the top spot.

ibmassivehate

Yeah, I guess it was just the winner that was so unexpected.

Although admittedly I guess I accepted the generally ignorant automotive enthusiasts’ consensus that those vehicles just don’t preform as well as their competitors, and instead are just meant for rappers and a ‘ballin’ status.

well atleast the Evo beat the Lotus :stuck_out_tongue:

What…?

Evo but no STi

like it would matter?

nice, gtr held its own and the m3 got generally spanked

win win

not too suprised, sounds about right…good read though i read it last nite :tup:

I don’t know, i’m not all that surprised by the results?

just got the mag… but havent had time to read it yet. was kinda bummed by the cover pic and no STI. aparently a “wagon” isnt a track killer.

Just shows the value of the GTR really…but it’s super impressive that the top group is within a full point of eachother

Now if this was car and driver, the m3 would win because of the “thrill to drive”
:rolljerk:

haha, but I expected those exact results…but I thought the gtr would beat the viper

It’s interesting how consistent the Lambo was scoring. Even though the Viper 1st’d in two of four competitions and the Lambo only one, the Italian bull still took first overall…

waits for MPD47 to chime in on this subject.

Just got this issue in the mail today. I’ll have to check it out.

solid read.

yup