Road Tolls

That’s what bothered me though, on paper it sounds brilliant…a ton of drivers will resort to transit, less pollution, everyone’s happy happy etc etc…

In reality, working class Torontonians, a decent majority of which drive, will stubbornly continue to drive, inheriting an even higher cost of living with the tolls and gas taxes. Pollution continues, more money out of an average citizen’s pocket to the gov’t while salaries stay flat…and of course who knows how much of these fees will actually go towards our roads?

What is our 13% paying for?

If they’re serious about pollution, they just need to keep following through with incentives for taking transit (such as their tax deductible stuff & tax credits etc) and supporting car manufacturers’ production of hybrids…which they are doing as far as I know (MANY different kinds of hybrids are on there way in the next few years).

I guess the fact is none of us actually hold the Toronto gov’t budget in our hands though and thus can’t know all the factors in why they do what they do.

Just leave my 2am “I feel like going for a drive down the 401” time alone! :stuck_out_tongue: