Roadmaster progress

who’s ego is it that is going to get killed???

have fun getting that thing into the 13’s. Get it into the 12’s then you can realistically start to think about Z06’s.

I don’t see this going 11s with heads/cam/100shot…

You would probably need 600whp to get that tank into the 11s…Not to mention how rough thats gonna be on transmission and rear end…

Anyways good luck on your quest…

Mods will be-

head work and or head swap, cam, 1.5 rr’s, lt headers, full exhaust, intake, possible lt4 intake, pcm reprogram, aprox 2800 stall, 3.73s with new eaton posi, a few suspension mods, the factory springs are soft so the fronts will get left for launches, the rears will be replaced, I will do some weight reduction, get it down to about 4000lbs, its maybe 4300-4400 now

That and a 100 shot should drop the ets nicely

Theres a guy online who runs 13.3s with no weight reduction, free mods, lt headers, 1.5 rr’s, tune, exhaust , 2800 stall and 3.42s

The engine is untouched internally except for 1.5 rr’s and he has no NOS on it, stock heads, stock cam ect

Nice! all 98s and 99s by the look of the grills
If she ever wants to sell one keep me in mind!

My family still has a Lt1 Caprice, it has a 2500 stall, shift kit, intake, tune, dynomax ect it also has 216k on it but it runs like a raped ape
Good dependable cars!

lol.

this car will never see 12s (apparently, neither will mine. :irony: )

lol you guys are a bunch of haters

GM High-Tech performance Jan 2006

They took a 96 Impala SS (same drivetrain , similar curb weight) with only intake and dynomax mufflers and ran a 14.6 @ 94mph

Dropped NOS on it with no other mods and ran a 13.10 @ 106

So with headers/exhaust/cam/head work/stall and gears how could the combo not run 12s?

You said 11’s

:slight_smile:

No hate…I read GM Hightech a lot and I know what it takes to put an Impala SS in the 11s and its usually a lot.

works great on paper. I have a lighter car with AWD and well over 400WHP and i ran a 13.1 on saturday (lots of issues, though)

http://www.fakejazz.com/images/nos.jpg
SIQQQQ.

And I’m going to have to jump on the hater bandwagon. Just read Minglor’s sig, sums it up nicely.

<3

Everything can be fixed with NOS.

I want to run at least high 12s NA, NOS isnt my solution just saying once I get into 12s NA, 11s on NOS shouldnt be a problem

Heres a website with times for B bodies

Heres some in the heads/cam combo with all mods listed

http://www.karl-ellwein.org/motor.htm

Take note of the weights, most are 4200+

should i post a timeslip for a stock turbo STi in the low 12s?

In my research of getting an Impala SS to the 10’s Ideally without NOS, I was looking at a procharger F1? i think running 22 pounds, full built(10grand) of motor internals.

4l80e truck tranny Dana 60 rear end

and a 200 shot to finish her off.

In the end it would dyno based on paper, about 1100 wheel horse, and would go 10’s ONCE before something broke, and if everything is built up like I stated, you are adding weight by beefing it up.

Plus with that much power, It is NEVER going to hook up without tubs and 16 inch tires.

Fast boats are fun, but Its time to realize that yea, you can hit 13s, but making 4000 pounds gain another whole second takes a whole lot more than some Nawwsss

Not comparing cars just stating my goals are possible
Should I post the times Choko is running with my old car, because it crushes what you run with yours
Spend less time on mods and more time learning to drive

haha, this probably the only pertinent thing you’ve ever said on here.

Originally Posted by The_Russian http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
Fast boats are fun, but Its time to realize that yea, you can hit 13s, but making 4000 pounds gain another whole second takes a whole lot more than some Nawwsss

Ha, Whats even more fun is getting 8,000 pounds to gain 4 seconds with just a programer.

Give me a week and I’m hoping to get my 4 ton lard ass into the 13’s

i know what choko is running. your car will not see 12’s.

i’ve got 20 on it.

Karl Ellwein 12.386@110.61 Ed Wright, Crane 227, ARE LT1 Al, MT-Drags, 4.56’s, 3600 Vigi

holy crap 4.56s in a 4l60e…My car would flip over…

Wow, a car people on this board hate more than the SHO!!!

I’ve had a lot of seat time in a '94 9C1 a few years back in college and can vouch for the B-body that they can be made quick with not too much effort. You hitting 12’s won’t be that tough. I can’t wait to see you quiet the haters…