Roadmaster progress

No hate…

I just just a tough platform to go fast…

A lot of weight = More broken parts, 60foots will suffer, Will need a lot more HP to get it done, LT1s are slow and gay.

Impossible No, Just very costly.

Theres a reason people like Formula ls1 take out 20 pound seats, every little thing matters, and when you start with 4300 pounds your just shooting yourself in the foot.

Im gonna be building a B-body soon too, but I have no goals other than to occasionaly race on the street and tear people up.

Oh and If your tires ever hook up with enough power to get that fat ass moving, expect somethnig else to snap in half like a toothpick.

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:2,topic:36856"”]

I’m just wondering, what ever possessed you, to modify a Buick Roadmaster?

[/quote]

Same as a 94-96 Impala SS. Nothing wrong with modifying it and setting a goal. There are plenty of Impala SS’ that are in the 12s. Does it take a bit more work than another car? Sure, but if we’re gonna harrass everyone about what car they choose to modify then we have to think of one single car that is best and question any other car. Sounds pretty fucking stupid to me.

Could also be personal taste:wiggle:

I’m all for whatever floats your boat, but i just dont get the fasination with this car

To each there is own is great.

the point I think most of us are making , is that its a lot harder to make a go fast HOUSE than a go fast car.

My goal is to have a sleeper
Obviously I made a good choice
Half you guys dont even believe it can be done when it IS 10000% possible with a couple grand in mods

As to why I chose this car

The same reason people mod Civics or Grand ams or any other non factory “sports car”

Lt1 + RWD + strong aftermarket parts market = win

[quote=“The_Russian,post:42,topic:36856"”]

Impossible No, Just very costly.

Theres a reason people like Formula ls1 take out 20 pound seats, every little thing matters, and when you start with 4300 pounds your just shooting yourself in the foot.

Im gonna be building a B-body soon too, but I have no goals other than to occasionaly race on the street and tear people up.

Oh and If your tires ever hook up with enough power to get that fat ass moving, expect somethnig else to snap in half like a toothpick.

[/quote]

Details on your project?

Big can go fast,you need the big cubes to match though.

This is one of my favorites…

Caddy 500ci motors are amazing,its a damn shame nobody really builds them too much because the power you can make is incredible.A stock 1970 caddy 500 puts out 400hp and 550ftlb.Best part of all…the engine weighs close to what a SBC weighs.

[quote=“Jon,post:48,topic:36856"”]

Big can go fast,you need the big cubes to match though.

This is one of my favorites…

Caddy 500ci motors are amazing,its a damn shame nobody really builds them too much because the power you can make is incredible.A stock 1970 caddy 500 puts out 400hp and 550ftlb.Best part of all…the engine weighs close to what a SBC weighs.

[/quote]

Nice

I used to have a 69 Cadillac hearse with a 472 in it
Even at 6500 pounds it was amazing the torque that fucker had

Plans I had for mine

Did not get into engine internals, but planned

Port/polish heads and 3 angle valve job
Forged pistons, connecting rods
Massive cam, supporting roller rockers and springs
Built Billet Crankshaft
Huge Headstuds
And stroked to 383.
Figured about 10k there to be safe

4l80E truck tranny. Bout 700, another 400 to have it installed

Custom driveshaft and Dana 60 rear end and supporting axles.

CCN SP500 wheels

Either a Large turbo such as Turbo LS1SS, A Garrett 67 was looking right, and about 22 PSI
Or a Procharger F1C at 22 PSI

According to what other people have done with similar setups It was about 900-1100 wheel horse with the right tune.

I did not want to tub mine. I found you can run up to 13.5 inch wide tires int he back without rub. Gotta shorten the axles a bit.

When I had priced it all out.

Parts alone was about 20-25k

Labor since I cant do it myself, was another 10 respectively.

total estimated cost 35k

I think it would look way better if it was black and not land yacht white

Land Shark

whats it going into?
Roadmaster?
Caprice?
Impala?

I am considering plunking down 5k and getting a Golen 383 Lt1 to drop between the fenders

You go from not knowing what you want to this barge, then you talk of free mods and nitrous to now talk of a 5k motor. You are the most indecisive mutherfucker walking the earth. I put a 4800# truck into the low 12’s, you need to concentrate on suspension and driveline issues before you do anything.

[quote=“SVT3945,post:54,topic:36856"”]

You go from not knowing what you want to this barge, then you talk of free mods and nitrous to now talk of a 5k motor. You are the most indecisive mutherfucker walking the earth. I put a 4800# truck into the low 12’s, you need to concentrate on suspension and driveline issues before you do anything.

[/quote]

You put a 4800lb truck…

With a forged motor and blower from the factory that makes stupid torque…into the low 12s :lol:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:55,topic:36856"”]

You put a 4800lb truck…

With a forged motor and blower from the factory that makes stupid torque…into the low 12s :lol:

[/quote]

yep, rather quickly i might add, my point is that he needs to focus on hooking the thing up first.

by the way whats your car running these days?? have you made it out of the 12’s yet??

[quote=“SVT3945,post:56,topic:36856"”]

yep, rather quickly i might add, my point is that he needs to focus on hooking the thing up first.

by the way whats your car running these days?? have you made it out of the 12’s yet??

[/quote]

12.1 stock motor bolt ons…Hopefully going to the track this weekend to beat that. Goal was 11.99 or quicker stock motor.

Goal next year 11.49 or quicker with a cam…in spring…

You might want to find out if there is a local impala club…There were 5-6 at the track the other night hanging out together im sure they can help you.

[quote=“9c1ny,post:53,topic:36856"”]

whats it going into?
Roadmaster?
Caprice?
Impala?

I am considering plunking down 5k and getting a Golen 383 Lt1 to drop between the fenders

[/quote]

95 Impala SS

My girls crown vics are actually a 2000, 2001 and a 2006. The white one is the 2000 with just under 150K, the green/grey one is a 2001 with 23K, and the grey one is the 2006 with 25K and the police package. The white one is a fake police package.

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:59,topic:36856"”]

My girls crown vics are actually a 2000, 2001 and a 2006. The white one is the 2000 with just under 150K, the green/grey one is a 2001 with 23K, and the grey one is the 2006 with 25K and the police package. The white one is a fake police package.

[/quote]

Mine has 122k on it
Starting to show its age a little
If she gets bored with any of em and decides to sell keep me in mind