ROFL @ Mazda and rotary motors

What did you expect? :meh:

hahah ok

every member here with an rx7 has blown it up.

now this article, in which mazda admits their engines = suck

I guess its all coincidence though. Rotarys must be sweet. Too sweet to stay in one piece…

LOL…sucks to be an RX-8 owner right now I guess. Thank god for my trusty
F-Bod :lol:

Step 1: Blow up RX8
Step 2: Fake injury, file lawsuit
Step 3: Settle for $14,000
Step 4: Buy LS7
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit

i haven’t blown up mine, and neither has hogan32. eric had a 76k mile stock motor that overboosted (ANY car wont take that, not just a rotary) and ran lean.

i also love how the people who have the smartest replies are the people who don’t even drive somthing worth talking about. but hey you must know everything because you’ve been there before, right?

O wow…Jay is angry when u disrespect the rotary…

He says…DONT YOU BE TALKIN BOUT MY ROTARS LIKE DAT!

:word:, you know what happens when you disrespect the Rotary? We can’t even joke about it in public anymore. His face gets all red, veins start pulsating, and before you can say I’m sorry you are getting your ass handed to you. :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^

I have seen him shred jerseys right off his body when you start to be bad moufin his whip.

ahh the rotary. the one in my FC popped a month after i sold it.

i’m really not blowing up, just commenting. Lets put it this way, internal combution piston engines have been around since the 1840’s or so, that would give them 165 or so years of existence, right? That is a lot of time to work out the kinks and get them to the point they are today, reliable, inexpensive and relitively fuel efficient. The rotary engine had been around since the mid 1950’s which would equate to about 50 years of existance and time to test and develope,…see where i’m going here??

Yes, so come back in 2120.

You can’t use that for an excuse…Technology over the last 50 years is more advanced…

^^ pretty much, untill then, they will blow up when IMPROPERLY built, tuned and maintained.

it also advanced a lot between 1860whatever and the 1950’s, my point is they just need more time to develope.

i think the rotory enginer was around a bit longer

http://www.mazda.com/history/rotary/e1-1.html

research>ezfd

the “modern” rotary engine as used my Mazda, wankel’s design was even more fucked up than the “current” design, i’m not arguing that the design is perfect, far from it, just aggrevated that people are so quick to flame rotaries, sticking up for my own, ya know?

don’t even waste your time eric, its pointless

oh man, that would suck

rotaries are cool engines… i loved my fc, and was inches from buying a fd before i built my hatch, but there is no denying that they are much more unreliable and delicate when compared to a conventional piston engine.

its like Eric said…there has been 100x times more R&D done on the piston engine than the rotary…if Mazda sticks with it for a while they will get it