rollcage legalty

what about a 4 point drag bar style

http://www.mazworx.com/images/productimg1.jpg

it hides the rollcage from sight (moreso than a 6 or more point), still adds rigidity, you know the bit…

but how do those rate in rollovers and in stiffining up the body?

^^^

well in a big or heavy roll over that 4pt cage wouldn’t do to much… because there is no front hoop supporting the windsheild or the front pillars. in a very light roll it would do the job! but they will not allow cages like that for rally use… 1/4 mile I believe is alright thou.

and really that cage is a 6pt because it has 6 mounting plates going to the floor… each mount has to be 20sq ‘’ in size… so 5 x 5 or 4 x 6 and sandwitched between the floor with the plates being 3/16’’

yes it is a 6 point, in a way, BUT those lower door bars are removeable from the actual bar, so you could make it a true rollbar.

i was just curious because its easier to hide than a giant rollcage covering the entire interior of the car… id rather not be picked off by cops for a bright blue cusco cage in a black car… lol

Paint it black? Sorry to be posting something so obvious but… yea…
Oh, and don’t they need some kind of padding in certain areas to prevent injuries?

they dont need to be

foam padding wont help your head if you hit it in a high speed crash

but if your hitting your head on teh cage in a crash

if the cage wasnt there and you were in stock belts/seats you will hit your head on the window frame or b or a pillar

i crashed at 60kmph and chris whacked his head off my b pilar pretty hard

in stock seats and stock belts

shameless plug anyone serious in buying a custom cage contact jedi car fan :wink:

Here ya go Jesse… Cage is legal I believe…

I got this from the MTO - Highway Traffic Act… so this is my understanding of a cage is legal as long as its been tested or passed approvel that it will prevent injury ?

(a) requiring the use or incorporation of any device or any equipment, in or on any vehicle or any class of vehicle, that may affect the safe operation of the vehicle on the highway or that may reduce or prevent injury to persons using the highway, and prescribing the specifications and regulating the installation thereof;

(b)    designating devices and designating an organization to test and mark its approval of any device so designated, and prohibiting the incorporation or use in or on a vehicle of any device so designated that is not marked as approved by the testing organization;

jesse, you need the pad…if not for legality for your head’s sake…why do you think jeep’s come with huge fat pads around the bars…know how many times i’ve smashed my head off the side of one and was glad it was on there?

don’t be stupid…if your head is in the area of a big hard metal bar…put the proper padding on it!

get the cage, rather have them hurt than you, they cant sue you for shit cause ur insurance company cant drop you after the crash, what good would that do ? u were still insured with them during the crash

haha matty i never said i would leave it bare

[quote=“Bero”]what about a 4 point drag bar style

http://www.mazworx.com/images/productimg1.jpg

I would like to do something like this for the street and have it integrated
into the interior so that it is hard to see. Then for the track have
removable bars that come up to the windshield, down the a-pillar, and
attach at the floor.

I don’t like the idea of full cage for daily driving.

my theory:
build to spec, or dont build at all.

with a cage, at LEAST build it to SCCA spec or something similar, FIA spec may be too hardcore, but they DO have these specs. for a reason… cuz they do their job WELL.