Is a roll cage In ontario legal ???

i tried googling this but I could not find any answers. I know peple that have cars will roll cAGes and they drive them on the street, but is it legal to have a roll cage in a street car that has insurance and everything. sorry for the noob question :frowning:

i believe this has been talked about before try searching

Aslong as dash is in, door panels and stock seatbels

OMGā€¦here we go again

How about you put one in first. Then find outā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Roll cages can be legal the problem is finding a insurance company to insure you if they find out.

not the best idea in a street car imo, unless you are going to drive everywhere with a helmet on.

^ Or surround yourself in foam and bubble wrap :stuck_out_tongue:

I wrap myself in bubble wrap just funā€¦ Then roll around vigorously on the floorā€¦ Oh how joyus it is.

put it in and make some custom panels to hide it, or mold it in.

paint it dark

probably not a good idea to have anything go over your head. Myself as welll as a couple other members had or currently run half-cages. Mine was never the subject for a pull-over. cops dont really notice until theyā€™re beside your car.

paint it sparkly yellow green pink and orange then slap a giant sticker saying ā€œI am a JDM drifterā€.

sarcasm

Iā€™ve seen plenty caged cars on the road and had a few buddies with themā€¦ butā€¦ have yet to really read up on the legality of it. Yetā€¦ alot of expensive track oriented cars come with themā€¦ and are registeredā€¦ but to what extent in contrast to a real front to rear cageā€¦ dunnoā€¦ if im not mistaken the porsche 911 gt3 cage is slightly different in NA vs euro modelsā€¦ i could be wrongā€¦

LoL an old co-worker of mine with a 60s yellow mini and full front to rear yellow cage/stripped out car got pulled over twice and they let him go. They asked him whatā€™s this and he said would you feel safe in a tiny lil old car like this? And they said no and let him go with the cage LOL. Yeah lame story but thatā€™s what hapened to him

OMG bottom line isā€¦Police will give you a harder time if pulled over. No insurance that the avarage guy can afford will insure your car if they find out its caged. If you wack your head on a bar in a accident, your dead. Even with padding its going to hurt you alot. End of story

+1 on everything Paul said. The cops will simply go to town on you if they see a big dirty cage in your already heat car. As for the safety part, the downfalls outweigh the benefits of a cage in a regularly street driven car.

just use scaffolding instead

The Porsche GT3 RS doesnā€™t come with a cage in North America, only in Euro spec.

naw dude seen one in north york over the summer full cage!

Yea, im pretty sure GT3 does come with cage in Canada, seen one with a cage myself.

The cage must be aftermarket or custom ordered.

This is the canadian site:

And now the United Kingdom:

The cage comes in the club sport package which isnā€™t offered on the Canadian site.