Is a roll cage In ontario legal ???

Says clearly right in the highway traffic act that adding a safety device is perfectly acceptable given it is of proper design and that the device is certifiable and can be confirmed or deemed safe. And the only people I know of in Ontario who can sign off and certify a cage is the tech guys at mostport. Problem is they will not certify a Cusco cage or anything built to drifting specs.

Insurance… you have 1 of 3 options. 1, don’t tell them. 2, tell them and hope they don’t care. 3, have the vehicle appraised and insured based on value. With option 3 you are making the Cage part of the vehicle “similar to the GT3, since it comes with a roll cage its a part of the vehicle and not (aftermarket) so insurance will cover them” but you are more or less paying an increased few purely to have the Cage.

Lastly, the MTO will require a new Vehicle Safety after adding a Cage and after having it certified etc… And the point of it is to ensure that the Cage does not interfere with the general use of the vehicle. No Bars can block or obstruct vision through any window or mirror. Manual Windows must be able to be rolled down without interfering or hitting any of the Cage. And lastly, the driver must be able to get in and out of the vehicle in a effortless manor without the Cage slowing him down or changing the way you enter and exit the vehicle because they have to make sure an emergency crew can safely remove you from the car and through the Cage if your ever in an accident.

Great Info ^

wow im a noob here… but this topic was up in this forum for like 3 times already…

Thanks for the answers everyone, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

yes they are legal

buddy has his subi caged and passed safety just fine

Do what i do to cover your ass and have a safety done on your car with pictures of the car interior exterior suspension etc etc etc and keep it in a envelope in glove box and have all pics signed by the guy who safetied your car along with the safety papers and the etest… if they hassel youthen you just show them that and they cant say much

what is the point of saying that! so what laws could change, people find out new infromation, new ideas may work, asking relevant questions and learning is what these forums are for!