Roller Hockey

:doh:

I dont speak smiley :frowning:

75% i’ve ever played with.

i’ve never played in a roller league that had off sides, nor were there even bluelines to call two line passes… if you guys do at bridgeville than good for you. you might stand a chance of having a game that somewhat resembles hockey.
also…
no icing is lame.
roller pucks bounce more than basketballs.
its hot in the summer, screw that.
if a toe drag is your only move… you suck.
most roller players arent acustomed to any sort of contact and when two players bump into each other its always world war III. (gay)
generally far less skilled players in roller hockey. no or little possitioning, lots of hackers.
etc, etc, etc…

roller hockey hardly compares to ice as a sport. its more a recreational activity for a little excerize. if its your thing, then great. but to me, it doesnt really seem to be worth the hassle to follow a bouncing puck around, or the risk of getting my teeth knocked out by some retard swinging his stick around because he watch a penguin game or two and thought it might be cool to try playing hockey.

and in regard to the silver spoon comment. i guess i see where you’re coming from. it can get pretty expensive. i know when i played in highschool it cost about two thousand dollars a year(plus equipment, skate sharenings, whatever). I can easily see how not everyone’s parents are willing or able to shell out that kind of money… Plus the cost of equipment and whatever else.
However we had a ton of different fund raisers that you could elect to participate in or not. My dad and i agreed that he’d pay half if i raised the other half… seemed like a good deal to me. if its something you really wanted to do you probably could have done it.
plus entry level hockey equipment really isnt that expensive. barely more than your roller gear… i think it would probably be doable. if you want “nicer” stuff then get a job and pay for the more expensive stuff yourself.
like i said, its doable.

:bowdown:

haha smort!!

and that pretty much sums it up :bowdown:

but that is all I am looking for is something recreational, ice gets taken to seriously imo. The 2 times that I did play on actual ice rinks the ppl were pricks because I wasnt as fast as they are and as good as they are. I grew up playing on a fucking basketball court… what do you expect lol.

I will say this though, just from playing football I love the hitting part of the game… the ppl that take the contact personally are pussies… unless its actually a legit reason

and in regard to the silver spoon comment. i guess i see where you’re coming from. it can get pretty expensive. i know when i played in highschool it cost about two thousand dollars a year(plus equipment, skate sharenings, whatever). I can easily see how not everyone’s parents are willing or able to shell out that kind of money… Plus the cost of equipment and whatever else.
However we had a ton of different fund raisers that you could elect to participate in or not. My dad and i agreed that he’d pay half if i raised the other half… seemed like a good deal to me. if its something you really wanted to do you probably could have done it.
plus entry level hockey equipment really isnt that expensive. barely more than your roller gear… i think it would probably be doable. if you want “nicer” stuff then get a job and pay for the more expensive stuff yourself.
like i said, its doable.

For you, sure…for me, no. Like I said, there was no “I’ll pay half” from my parents…just laughter (the same kind of laughter I got when I asked them if they were helping me pay for college). I was lucky to get a Mylec hockey stick with a plastic blade. After I started working at age 16 I suppose I could’ve started playing, but by that point I would’ve been so far behind everyone it would’ve been pointless.

I was just fuckin’ with yall anyway.

puck smort

Because I can’t get anyone to sharpen my current skates worth a damn… And a lot of my games are at 11pm+ so the proshops are closed. Let me know if you guys need an extra some time.

:rofl: Oh shit

:blue:

i think we’re playing Sunday… its either 8:30 or 9:30, i forget.

stop out. chad signs autographs after the game.

Sounds good. Let me know on the time for sure. I’ll stop by. I’m not that good, but I try.

its ok… dan is the goalie, you’ll be fine

:rofl:

played 3 games in a row last night. ugh that sucks

You guys play in Harmarville right? Do you wear full gear?

Yes. im goin play at 1230 today at cranberry

ima prolly go to the Ice castle tomorrow morning @ 10am for stick time if anyone is interested!

:nuts:

haha, I dont remember anytime you have ever scored a goal on your own power!

ie not in the back door , not in the center , not waiting for a 2 on 1 shot that your 10 feet away that you put all 95.6 lbs of you body into a shot!

Chad after 2 games you should have been all warmed up and gotten more goals wtf!