roller hockey

i saw some threads in here from a couple yrs ago bout your guys playin roller hockey… anyone still play, im really growin and interest to start playin again and wanted to see if im missin out on some good pickup games??

theres pickups at the island sports center everyday from 12-5, if u live around there

I may be able to do this, Ive never tried ice skating but i can sure rollerblade.

really? i live in robinson so i am pretty close, they only play till 5 though? you know how much it is

I was unaware Island had ANY pickup games at all. Me and a couple of friends have been looking into starting a team. Right now Great Southern seemed like the cheapest to join a league, but they’re in the middle of remodeling it.

how much is that league… they have a 20 person team league at the Island for like $1045, its 16 games spring and summer leagues

rmu students pay $4, everyone else pays $8

i play up at acorn park up off of mt nebo weekly when the weather is good

aw shit $8 aint bad at all… ima have to look into that for sure, just got figure out how to do it around work lol, do they play on saturdays and sundays? ill def play outdoors when it gets summer time but its to damn unpredictable right now. is the complexs rink outdoors or indoors?

If you wanna play roller on a street surface we play at Aiken Elementary School in Green Tree Saturdays around 12 noon. Take 279 to Green Tree exit, stay in middle lane, make left at the light, go across the bridge and past the on-ramp for 279 and it’s the first right you’ll see the rink. We should be there tomorrow as long as it doesn’t rain.

RMU is $1045, or $945 if you pay early (by the end of the first week of the season). It’s actually a 10 game season with at least 1 guaranteed playoff game. If you played the max games (i.e. - went to the championship 3-game series) you would then play 16.

Bridgeville (someone called it Great Southern, :rofl: long time since I heard it called that) is supposedly going to be $650 up front to play. No paying it off a week into the season or anything like RMU.

Bridgeville is going to be a ball league, while RMU’s is puck.

I played a bunch of seasons down at Bridgeville, as well as SmokeyBurnouts did, and they have been remodeling since about July of 2006. I doubt well see it open before fall.

I’m starting my first season for my team at RMU next Sunday. I’m interested to see how it works. There were alot of hacks, wanna be thugs, and pieces of shit at Bridgeville. Hopefully with the increased cost and the tighter rules of RMU, there won’t be that many problems.

That being said, I started to play ice and fell in love with it. I’m interested to get back on my wheels and see which one I really do like more, ice or roller.

Bravada wat did you do just get a bunch of your buddies together and everyone pitched up… i know the max is 20 ppl per team

thats hillarious …RMU is just as bad just higher priced hacks and alot more people are buddy buddy with the refs …I played there before and was just out there for stick time monday afternoon …If you wana play at RMU better have atleast 3 lines and a descent goalie or youll die from all the skating…Brigeville wasnt that bad …the last time when they had the NHL breakout tournament the National Champion for the past 2 times played at bridgeville so its not bad in the upper leagues

We had an existing team together, we just added a few guys because the deck out at RMU is a lot bigger than what we are used to down at Bridgeville.

I have 11 definites on my roster, plus 5 backups that will pay like $5 or $10 a game to play for us (they didnt pay any money straight up)

As for Nick, I’ve talked to 3 different guys from 3 different teams that all said that RMU was significantly better than Bridgeville was in terms of the officiating and the lack of complete and utter douchebags.

We’re rolling 6 forwards and 4 defense so I think that we will be okay in terms of lines. I’ve been skating my ass off on a 200x85 ice rink with only 2 forward lines and 2 defense lines and it hasn’t been too too bad.

I played a season in B-ville…and the refs were a joke and a few teams were full of douchebags.

Supposedly they are really going to revamp it down there. All the refs have to be AAU certified. All have to be on skates. Nobody that officiates is going to be allowed to play there.

Hopefully it will clean up a little bit b/c I like playing there. If not, I’ll pay the extra money to stay in RMU’s league.

I need to get equipment but I’m definitely in when bridgeville opens up if anyone would need a stand in. We don’t have enough people of our own to start a team yet, but I guess tehre is still a while.

You still got plenty of time man. It probably wont open back up down there until July, would be my guess.

o well im in no hurry anyways, i got get my ass back in shape adn hit some skate sessions anyways lol… last time i rollerbladed was bout 4 yrs ago probably… anyone know wherre they do indoor just skate sessions around here? out were i used to live ida just went to the Ches-A-Rena in Harmarville but i aint drivin that far just to skate in circles

I’d be interested in getting some guys together maybe to fuck around and play up in Greentree, South Park, there is also a small court that is perfect for 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 and it is a super smooth surface in Beechview that I play on all the time. But I’m not giving that secret out unless absolutely necessary.