Roots in my drain

I am going to look at the disclosure when I get home, I remember him saying it. Just not sure if it was written down. I know the inside is all knew because you can see all of the new cement and its all PVC. When he snaked it definitely went outside, and I am thinking from his coil he used about 10-14 feet out side so i am going to guess it was by the sidewalk at that poiint.

dye test is something i did not get done, probably something i should have but oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

not to many trees around my property. one big one on the front, i am guessing thats the culprit and one small one on the back. The only other tree would be on my neighbors property and they are pretty far away.

I talked to my father, basically what we did was dig up where the drain began and found all the roots, tore them out, recemented over the tera cota, and recemented the floor. I can give you a more detailed description, but its alot of work and a pain in the ass.

that sucks… ross twp requires a dye test. they found we needed a sump. got replaced by the owner before closing :bigthumb:

well thats good that the inside was done…outside is just moving earth

Mine backed up in early spring…the main trap fell apart STINKY… I blamed my girlfriend …til this day she still thinks its her fault …whitey I called terrys plumbing btw great crew and did it fast

I just had this work done on the house I bought this past June.

The chemicals are a temporary fix and no one I have talked to has had this be a long term solution.

I called Rotorooter and they sent a local guy out.

It turns out that I had 5 locations with roots. When clearing the 4th one, they broke their last blade and had to come back a second time to deal with the final one. The reason that it was so bad is that the house was empty for many months before we moved in (we bought the house off of a couple going through an ugly divorce).

Overall cost was $650 but the house I bought had a home warranty and it is covered, less the $50 deductible. Apparently not all home warranties cover this and the first time that we called the warranty company, they told my wife to “piss off”. I told her to call back with the contract in-hand and ask them to explain which provision in the contract made this our problem. They relented and claimed that they believed that we had a different contract. Yeah, right.

Don’t f*** around and fix this correctly or it will always be there to varying degrees.

My $0.02

Snakes on a Plane?!!?!
NO! Roots in my drain!
Ooohhh…

my dad does all types of work…we put in a new sewage line in a house located in point breeze recently…damn so much clay under the busted cement floor…big lumps weighing like…45 pounds each…but anyway…your drains tera cotta…solution 1 which is really the most efficient way to go is replace it with pvc…it’s cheap and you can usually get away with just replacing it to the foundation wall…if you have to go to the street connection then it get expensive…hire someone to look at your pipe first…don’t pay anyone until you see the video camera go down your drain and actually have the roots and damage shown to you

go to store. buy a couple gallons of Muriatic acid. dump acid in drain. win.

I think we’re having the same problem at my parents house, rented a snake and its getting caught on somthing between 60-70 feet in…last time someone cleared it for us they used almost 200 feet of snake so this should get interesting…we did get the bit used to “drill” out the roots as well but are going to have the problem for ground up roots, have you solved that problem yet whitey??? any advice not listed so far in this thread??

it is taracota (however its spelled) piping but replacing the pipes is not an option right now, too busy, stretched too thin from not selling the old house yet…