Need a sewer line snaked

I’ve had to plunge it at the pipe in the front yard twice in the last few weeks so I know there are some roots in there causing it to clog easily. It’s draining fine again now so it’s not an emergency but I want to get it taken care of this week. Anyone here a plumber and want to take the job? Anyone in the area you want to recommend? Williamsville area near Maple and Hopkins. Easy access to the drain from the front yard access pipe.

I can tell the problem is somewhere between the access pipe in the yard and the street. No doubt some roots from the big ass maple tree between the street and the sidewalk. I’m pretty sure I had the roots cut out the year we moved in which was 5+ years ago.

Stop taking massively huge shits. :wink: Good luck with your snaking.

Can’t help it. Reading all the bullshit in the political threads is like a laxative for me. :wink:

I had the same effing issues years ago, i had to call rotorooter, then came and cleaned that fucka out! they give you a guarantee on it too. it was like $150! though! Make sure you aint got bitches tossin rags in rthe shitter!! That and tampons from the previous owners of the house made a mess of the line!

I will ask the wife what her shop charges.

I play cards with a plumber tomorrow night, I’ll ask him is wants a side job.

Oh, and its probably Obama’s fault, amitrite?

Yeah, that’s why I don’t want to call rotorooter because with their pricing pretty much as soon as they’re done ramming that snake down the drain they stick it up your ass.

EDIT: Thanks Nick. But I think Hillary is somehow to blame. Her internet monitoring saw me posting stuff about her so she sent someone to throw rocks down my drain.

tampons def do a wonderful job of plugging up pipes… ironic eh?

But I’m sure Jay is a responsible guy, and throws out his tampons. Its the dental dams you gotta worry about with him. :mamoru:

Man… and to think I considered not posting this thread for fear of the shit I’d catch (no pun intended). :lol:

wait… you’re a catcher??

If anything, I would’ve pegged you for a pitcher.

Hmmm If it is a problem with roots infiltrating the line then you definitely need someone with a machine snake with a cutting end piece. A simple drain snake will not take out the roots.

At Darien lake we used to pull all sorts of shit out of the drains (no pun intended). They also have their own sewage treatment plant and at the one pond there are tampon applicator casings all over like shells on a beach. We always called it the tampon lake.

NP, just make sure to bump this tomorrow before you leave work, lol.

when my brother was like 18 he clogged up my fathers sewer line by flushing rubbers down there.

You should have seen the rotor rooter dude pulling nasty rubbers out of the drain.

:biglol: Your dad must have been proud.

lmao… classic.

And yeah, I’m pretty sure it will need to be a snake with a cutter on it since it’s very likely to be roots.

Check with the town first because they may do it for free. I had the same issue with roots at my house. The town cleaned it out an offered to come every 6 months and do it again for free.

patriot act. all you gotta do is shout “allah” 3 times down your toilet and the fbi will be right in to take care of that for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Had the town out a couple years ago for a sump pump line. They’ll only deal with the problem if it’s between the sidewalk and the street. From the sidewalk to the house is my problem.

Advanced Sewer Cleaning. 877-2196
http://www.thecityofbuffalo.com/advanced-sewer-cleaning/index.html
Based out of Kenmore. Bunch of old guys that have been doing it for years. Cheap, and they guarantee their work.

Can’t remember pricing, but they came out 3 times and I only paid once for service. The one guy even sat outside in the snowstorm to clean the drain.

:tup:

Where is your location. Do you know who maintains your sewers. Is it the Town or Erie County? Your lateral is usually your responsibility but I would check to see if you can get it done by whoever maintains the sewer.

I hear this guy’s pretty good and his prices are pretty reasonable:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3737&stc=1&d=1202268126