Plumbing issue

So this has gotten progressively worse. basically the water backs up anytime you do dishes (right above this location) and possibly when the washer is run (to the left of the utility sink). Any ideas?

Run a snake?

x2 on the snake. Those look like galvanized lines and it’s very possible that they are plugged right up. My neighbor just had roto-rooter replace all his lines with PVC.

I told you about this the last time I looked at it. Those galvanized drains are just as bad as the feeds. Short term-snake, long term-replace.

Ditto! Make sure to use a cutter-head on the snake, not just the wire twist tip - therefore have a professional do it.

Anywhere there’s a bend there’s probably a huge turd of shit

Snake and GLUG GLUG GLUG you go

I bet you can’t even see through those pipes if you were to chop that section out.

This will probably be my route.

The galvanized shit is a fucking PITA. I already replaced a section of pipe from the hot water tank to my sink upstairs. Plan to do the rest when money allows.

In my old house in New York, I would rent the home depot snake.

It was like 20 bucks for 4 hours.

Make sure you know how to use it, you can make shit worse by getting it stuck in the drain, etc.

My dad uses a place called advance sewer cleaning, they were always honest with him.

Question somewhat related, can you safely snake a terracotta interior footer drain? I’m not sure how durable the material is, I can see sediment is somewhat blocking mine and was thinking about snaking it. Might fix my hydrostatic pressure issue for the short term…if it works.

Who wants to rent a snake and have a snake party? LOL

I would think yes. Since the snake would only be “scraping” the interior of the terra cotta and not impacting it I don’t see why not. Couple a fire hose to the end of it and hit the lever!

My neighbor is an employee of advanced and he has done my lines. I highly recommend him and can put you in touch with him if you want it done quick and right. My issues is tree roots in the lines and he has to cut them out every 3-4 years

@ProgRocker … i know a guy who works for roto-rooter… I can try to get his number. He owes me a favor.

That’d be great

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Call John Powers at 491-6672. He can help you out.

Called @Gus’s friend from Roto-Rooter. He stopped by and snaked it out with the cutter and everything started draining like a champ. Replacement is on my list to do, but without the money to buy the supplies it’s tabled.

^ So was the problem right there in the house or did he end up cutting roots farther out on the mainline?

I end up getting mine snaked ever 3 or 4 years, always roots. Eventually it will have to be dug up and replaced.

He opened the cap (Picture 3) and tossed the snake down and was hitting mud. It’s one of those “Oh fuck” moments. The pipe had collapsed/deteriorated. He then tried out the main cleanout there, and gave it about 30ft of line. Tested the deep sink there and it was draining without an issue. The collapsed pipe according to him, wouldn’t be an issue since I have a sump pump in my basement.

You mean like $ 35.00 worth of PVC?