Rothlisfucker deal

Link: (one of lots) http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2004258275_nfl04.html

Highest paid Steeler in franchise history…what a fucking cocksucker. He isn’t worth nearly that much. Discuss.

think most football players are overpaid but that doesn’t stop people from watching though

well if you dont have Brady or Manning qb’ing your team, who else do you want? hes just as good as anyone out there and relative to what other qb’s are making, it seems like fair market price. any athlete gets paid way too much but thats besides the point.

If it didn’t draw a crowd, they wouldn’t be able to pay them.

x2 exactly what i was gonna say.

He’s getting Brady or Manning pay, but is half as good/consistent.

My point exactly. He did well his first season, but with a great support team. He followed that up with a shitty season, followed by a semi-shitty season. He isn’t consistent, bitches all the time, so I don’t see why he should be making as much as far more seasoned/producing QB’s.

x2

you put Brady or Manning behind our O-Line and they don’t do half as well as Roethlisberger. Neither are mobile nor Strong enough to shake of a would be sacker every other play. Imagine if he had the time Brady does… he is top of the second tier or bottom of the top tier of QB’s in the league. that is Top 5

Hater?

I am not a hater or jockrider, but I think Smokey said it pretty good. You could compare him to a T Romo or C Palmer and he is in the ballpark with those guys now.

So winning the Super Bowl accounts for a “shitty season” in your book… wow wonder would a good season would be.

Ben has played for 4 yrs now, hes still making rookie mistakes cause he doesnt have much experience. Peyton has been in the league for almost 10 yrs now and Brady has a fucking concrete wall in front of him about 6.5’ tall. Ben will defintely get better in the years to come with his line so it is def a good investment for the Steelers organization.

he did do well his first season, amazing in fact, considering he was a rookie and lost 1 game. you know, i dont really recall the following season being that shitty. i do recall winning the super bowl that year and his numbers being amazing in the final 5-6 games and every playoff game (aside from the super bowl) i think you are hatin alittle too much.

the Numbers Don’t lie… 32 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Sacked 47 times = no line
Manning 31 touch downs 14 interceptions sacked 21 times = good line. And Manning can’t get out of his own way.
Roethlisberger is the future and is a top 5 elite NFL QB

For all the personnel geniuses out there, if you don’t want the Steelers to keep Roethlisberger, who would you like them to get? Bring back Maddox? Start Batch? Start St. Pierre? Draft Flacco/Brohm/A. Woodson/Henne?

I’d love to know what QB is going to be a significant alternative to Roethlisberger AND one that you aren’t going to have to pay at some point anyways if they end up being good.

Can we call up Kordell Stewart from AAA Schenley Park?

One thing I did have to laugh at is they said he made a point to “leave some on the table” to sign other players…what did he leave a $20 bill?

I’m not hating at all, and nowhere did I say he was a shitty QB. HIs superbowl year was fantastic, let alone the fact he was a rookie. He certainly did not carry thie team on his own… I was pointing out that it doesn’t make sense to pay him in accordance with the best in the business, even though he has proven to be immature and inconsistent. Making a long contract out of it, shows that even the Steelers recongnize that fact and hope he’ll even out. I just don’t think he will. Big and strong he may be, but he gets little nagging injuries all the time, and that contributes to his variation. I just think it’s a bit steep, that’s all…wipe the sandy vags folks.

his first year we lost one game and then lost to the Pats in the AFC Championship
Second year we won the superbowl. Just clarifying

3rd year he hit crown vic and concrete with his head and had his apendix removed, so I don’t know if we should even count that as a season. What I’m saying is that he is a really good qb and with a better line he would be spoken about with payton and brady.

That said, 102 seems a little steep. Didn’t romo just sign for like 67? And we sign a blocking / swing back? Don’t we have more issues with the 5 people standing directly in front of him?

The Steelers could have easily invested in an offensive line this year and put off resigning him till after this coming season. That way the whole no offensive-line excuse would be out and they could get a better idea of his worth. He did still have two years on his rookie contract afterall. Also another year most likely would not have really jacked the numbers up much as the deals he is being compared to were done in prevous years with no real comparable ones for comparison coming up in the next year (Romo and Palmer are of similar experience/age whereas Manning/Brady obviously have rather long proven resumes).

Also the Steelers should have included a clause saying if the jackass got injured/killed riding a motorcyle without a helmet any/all funds received under the contract would be forfeited back to the team.