:( :( Rough Idling Problem :( :(

Hey everyone. I am dying because my ka24de is dying GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. It makes me angry. This is how it started one of these cold mornings I started the car what I noticed is that the car was REALLY REALLY hard to start. From there it had a really rough idle. At first I thought that it was maybe the wires or maybe the spark plugs. Me and my friend were like WTF. So we did a little test we took out the wires from the plugs we decided that it was either the 3rd or 4th cylinder. So after I decided to get the NGK spark plugs and I changed them and, after that it was still rough. Then when I went to show it to my friend it was running okay it is FRUSTRATING. Then from there I decided to get a fuel filter just to keep it running okay. Then about a week later the same thing happens to my car on monday a really rough idle. I then decided to mess with the cap and rotor on the very bottom part of the rotor where it meets the wire once I was moving it around and it started idling fine. From there I decided to get the cap and rotor replaced. Then that night as I was fooling around since I still had power somehow it fixed itself. Then as soon as I returning the motor was overheating due to a clamp that broke. I replaced the clamp and filled it with coolant. Soon after I achieved air lock. As soon as I went to replace the wires after this it ran rough again. Also note when I went to change the wires the 4th cylinder was smoking and I noticed trace amounts of oil around the top of the engine where the 4th cylinder is. Somone plz help cause my baby is sick and, I don’t know what to do. :.(

u blew a ring/ warped the head/ or cracked the cylinder… get a new KA

oil should never get into were the gas is going unless its fucked…

if u want a ka gimmie a shout and ill let you know when im ripping mine out. u can have it free if u can wait till i pull it(220km on it but still solid)

it is on top of the engine not in the cylinder. Also why would it work well for a week and then fuck up the next

pull your spark plugs and make sure they have no oil on them. if it smoking then u might be getting oil or coolant in there, smell the plug make sure its only gas. but with a ka giving u this much hell… just let her die

ill take u up on the free ka tho!!

quote:Also note when I went to change the wires the 4th cylinder was smoking and I noticed trace amounts of oil around the top of the engine where the 4th cylinder is. Somone plz help cause my baby is sick and, I don’t know what to do. :.(:quote

wow wow first off sounds like your cam cover gasket is leaking oil into the spark plug vally. if thats the case thats not a big issue to you at this point although id look at it later.

second cryptic WTF u tell the poor guy u blew a ring/ warped the head/ or cracked the cylinder… get a new KA

thats nice mabie you should real his whole post

OK sounds to me like a wiring problem explain this better:::::::::quote:::then decided to mess with the cap and rotor on the very bottom part of the rotor where it meets the wire once I was moving it around and it started idling fine.

are you talking about the spark plug wires or the harness that powers the distributer

harness! but its in the shop right now so i guess ill figure it out by them it has been pissing me off way to much