Royal Purple vs. other oils

this makes me want to run royal purple in everything now.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dEFGJqpCMY[/ame]

Bullshit , r.p is one of the worst oils out there

it’s sponsored by royal purple… it’s a commercial.

Nice unbiased source :rofl

Royal purple uses group III mineral base oils, so it’s a refined basic oil.

There are almost no real synthetic oils on the market in US with exception of Amsoil, redline and if I recall Mobil1

B.g is to vlad , even dino oils are a semi syn blend now as well .

Bg? Huh?

And of course most manufacturers make blends, it’s their regular oil with more a slightly better additive package that they can charge almost double for. Why the hell not?

LOL@people that run expensive oil

They have their time and place.

OOOoooo i’m sold

LOL. There are so many marketing gimmicks and hype in motor oil its not even funny. Anyone who claims that xxx brand oil is the “best” clearly has no clue.

Have some oil samples tested from your car to find out what works for your application. Otherwise you are just talking out your ass. Plus rep to Travis for being the only one on this forum to actually do that.

^ +1!

Tailoring oil to the engine and application is far more important that believing all this hype/crap. Far too many different build specs, and part material compositions/treatments that ALL respond differently to different types of oils.

Thanks man. Judging by the time of my post, I was pretty drunk (lol). Expensive oils do have their place (extended intervals/ULTRA high temps for example), but an oil quality can never be judged by cost or promotional material.

I’ll stick with rotella

Same , I should do a test on my cen-pe-co …I love that shit so full of zinc and other good additives . Other than those 2 the only syn ill run is b/g

Cenpeco is good shit and a preferred oil for me to use in older aircooled porsches where the non-hardened cranks work really well with it’s makeup.

Oh I know it works , our b/g rep and us at the shop did the timkin bearing load test and it shined even over b/g,s own 20/50 race oil lol

My only hold back is that cenpeco don’t run any detergents so ya gotta run roteela every now and again to clean some shit .

ill stick with Motul

valvoline synpower ftw

I use Mobil 1 in the Evo. I’m not biased either way I just use what the manufacturer recommends.

what kind of oil do people usually run in boosted Hondas?