amazon royal purple deal

theres a deal on amazon for a 5 quart jug of royal purple ($42.52) and a free royal purple oil filter…brings the cost of the oil change to 5.80/quart. thought i’d share it here. i believe the deal is running until november 14th.

RP is junk

mobile one or bg oil is the only stuff i use if going synthetic… (fyi tho the cheap walmart oil last time i checked the msd sheets is made from mobile 1 oil)

opinion? or is there actual info/testing to prove so? (not being a dick, i really want to know)

hook me up with more bg in the future lol, i’d love to use it but most dealerships charge an arm and a leg for any bg products.

haha will do man, ive got a ps flush flush kit right now if ur interested

ill hit you up in a few weeks, i’ll be replacing steering rack bushings soo so that seems like a good time to do the flush.

Cheap walmart oil cannot be Mobil one. Supplied by Mobil, probably but not their highest grade shelf synthetic.

bob the oil guy is the forum for oil questions

you probably dont know do you

i was wrong its citgo makes the supertech full sytn. still cheap, heres the msd sheet
http://msds.walmartstores.com/client/document?productid=0ab48a70-4d97-4993-a846-f7e42fa52fe7&action=MSDS&subformat=NAM

your not entirely wrong. theres a few manufactures for walmart brand.

walmart will switch from companies to save apenny

there are true synthetics and “synthetics”

oils go by grades. mobile one and oils like that are called hydrocracked oils i believe. they are like a grade 3??? they can be considered a synthetic because they have some of the same atributes as real true grade 4 synthetics.

castrol made in germany (german castol), amsoil, motul and a few others are actual grade 4 oils.

as far as i remember on bob the oil guy.com, RP was trash.

yea must be because i could have sworn to have seen mobile as the distributor at one point on the msd sheet

~$10 for a 5 qt jug of wally world brand 20w-50. didnt quiet the rod knock as much as i hoped it would. damn.

Amsoil ftw.

This.

Royal purp is great if ya change oil every run ! It is slick etc but the shit breaks down so fast is junk . Only syn I run is bg oil . Test after test I have Most others fall short ESP in the Long run . Rottela , castrol , base Mobil mixed with bg products moa is a great setup also

No I don’t.

But be specific, walmart cheap oil? Synthetic I assume ? I’m sure they are always switching suppliers. I’m not a Mobil 1 soldier or anything but I’m betting if you get walmart and Mobil 1 they will not have the same results on a voa. People read bitog and become tribologists and oil experts overnight. Stuff is always changing, and 99% of average car people including enthusiasts will not have problems with x brand vs y.

Motorcraft synthetic blend. Cheap, never had a problem.