RUCA Heim Joint Gives Up

Kuah from SPL parts has confirmed that the rod ends that i currently have in stock for the multi-link are the same that SPL uses in their in-house products (TC rods, tie rods etc.)

the rod ends in the RUCA’s and other stuff that they import are not as good.

since i am upgrading to even better spec you can assume that they will be among the best rod ends in use in the industry for these parts.

but you still wont be satisfied right bob?

Bing, shut up for a second. All I asked is ONE question, that you have been dodging for the last 3 days.

I’ll put it in bold for you…

What are your heim joints made of?

I dont care about load ratings, teflon liners, and what SPL uses…

Answer the question…

i dont know how to answer it bob, frig.

i am not sure what they are made of i am sorry.

but as mentioned, no one is using anything close to them.

sinc eyou cant get better, what does it matter?

SPL says theirs are Chromoly, zinc plated and since mine come from the same supplier and are a higher end rod end you can assume that they are atleast that.

i thought pictures would have sufficed and that you could have figured out the material from the pics.

lets just paint me as an escapist then ok?

Why didn’t you just say that in the first place… It’s like pulling teeth…

I can’t possibly identify the material type from a picture anyways…

so is the rod end the one weak spot or is the rest of the ruca garbage aswell? has anyone heard of any other failures?

It’s just the rod end…

The rest should be fine…

tsk tsk bobby,

dont get too far ahead of yourself… remember this part of the arm?

http://bings.ca/images/DSC01742.JPG

hurray for superfluous welds.

the blue one is china stuff, the uncoated one on the right is made here in Canada

looks like im out a few hundred bucks

Those Canadian ones have stronger threads too, with it being a fine thread, the root diameter is larger diameter, and therefore stronger.

I think that it is safe to assume that the grade of the threaded rod is far superior to the Chinese ones too (not to mention the tig welds over the mig).

Theo

Yeah I remeber it, and unless the welds didn’t penetrate, that part of the arm should be fine…

Remeber the ones you sold me that had cracks in that part that I had to reweld?

I didn’t forget… but the heim joint is still the weakest link, it will break before the other parts will…

oh for sure.

i dont think it’ll break anytime soon, i just wanted to point out what the deal is on them.

there have been people that asked me to get them some of the china stuff, i refused. i’d rather not be apart of bringing up gear like that anymore.

same withe BOV’s.

but only one way to really learn

you buy something cheap you often fu<k yourself, rather wait and invest your money in something better, or if you are forced to run something cheap, than be careful and take precatiuons in this case avoid corrosion and put liquid gasket onto the threads.