mmmmmm Canadian made multi-link ***new pics page 3***

UPDATED FEBRUARY 23, 2006

I have received the new rod ends, the pics are nice and large for your viewing pleasure.

The new rod ends are on the right in these picture, they are the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY rods ends that can be had for this purpose on the market today. No other company offers you this level of rod end on their arms.

The other rod ends ( on the left in these pictures ) are the same that SPL uses on their multi-link.

the specs on the new rod ends are as follows:

Genuine 3-piece design, pressed and assembled in the US

BALL:

52100 bearing steel
heat treated
hard chrome plated
precision ground

RACE:

teflon / kevlar lining
self-lubricating
self-sealing

BODY:

Chrome Moly Steel
Heat Treated
Protective coated for corrosion resistance

Radial Static Load Rating = 17,955 lbs !!!

These rod ends are meant for competitive Dirt-Track and Sport-Modified racing. They are over-kill for rear upper control arms. However, because they are self sealing they do not require any maintenance other than the occasionaly cleaning.

Price with the new rod ends is:

RUCA: $275
TOE: $175
TRACTION: $175
ALL 3: $575

http://bings.ca/images/new%20rod%20ends.JPG

http://bings.ca/images/new%20rod%20ends1.JPG

http://bings.ca/images/new%20rod%20ends2.JPG

The rod ends on the left have the following specs:

2-piece design:

BALL:

52100 Bearing Steel
heat treated
hard chrome plated
precision ground

BODY:

Carbon Steel
Protective Coating for corrosion resistance

Radial Static Load Rating = 10,801 lbs

There are several people rolling around Ontario with these arms already.

Price with these Rod Ends:

NO LONGER AVAILABLE WITH 2-PIECE ROD ENDS

This is what my room looks like now

http://bings.ca/images/multilink.JPG

half of it is already spoken for.

This Multi-Link is professional manufactured by Canadian Custom Fabrication is St. Catharines. They also produce several competition grade components for Bicknell motorsports and others

Pimp, I can’t wait to get my hands on a set.

I took a look at them during the meet. Very well done, I’m impressed to say the least. Way to go Binger :stuck_out_tongue:

Andrew.

i took a look too…

some of the “high end” stuff I see where I work is twice as much as this and isnt any nicer, if even AS nice. Good stuff, these should move like jantos’ mom.

any deal on just the brown stuff?

the traction and toe arms?

i have 1 pair of each left. $300 for all 4 pieces.

there will be deposits required for this stuff guys. i already put a few grand into getting the stuff made and i cant inventory 5 sets of everything and hold onto them.

once i get hte RUCA’s back in i will have a good idea of when i will be able to get a bunch more

when that happens i’ll need deposits so that i can get the stuff made.

i will have 3 sets of RUCA’s by weeks end, the first to leave deposits get them.

i full set of rear multi-link will be going on one of the War of the Wheels cars next week as well.

i just got in the first sets of teflon lined bearings, having identical looking teflon and non-teflon bearings side by side is interesting becuase there is an immediately noticeable difference.

yay for teflon lined bearings.

i have one set of RUCA’s left and one set of traction arms left.

again, i cant inventory this stuff like i do with some other items because they are too expensive for me to do that with.

if you are interested and are willing to put down a deposit i will have more made for you guys.

Non-teflon rod end prices are:

RUCA - $225
Tration arms - $150
Toe arms - $150

please add $25 for teflon lined bearings.

in the near future i am going to offer even more bearing options.

the current bearings have a radial load capacity of over 7000lbs, but i also want to offer a set of aluminum, 3-piece race, teflon lined bearings with a radial load of 19,000lbs…hawt yeah?

this stuff is the real deal

I’m not going to lie…

The pieces are good…

Chromoly, with good heim joints, and fittings, for the price… It’s a good buy…

Weight are lighter then the steel ones originally brought from taiwan, and stronger or equal to boot…

Just don’t break one, or you’ll end up buying a new set…Unless you have a spare…

It has about 3 moving parts… It’s hard to screw these ones up…

Bob,

on a set of these items i can sell you spares in singles because i am the manufacturer. on the imported stuff i am not the manufacturer and i cant ask my suppliers to split up there inventories.

everyone here should note that BOB BERRY just complimented these pieces. if you know bob you know how big of a gesture that is.

thank you bob

what i REALLY like about these pieces, and i have discussed this with other people recently, is there there is no threaded adapter like on the imported versions.

what the threaded adapter does is move the rod end further and further away from the lug putting greater and greater load on the rod end.

these use a turn buckle style so that the equivelent tapped adapter is actually inside the lug at all times so the rod end is also always closer to the lug.

The only weak point i can see from these pieces is the spacer that i use under the jam nut. i am actively seeking an economical yet effective solution to this problem, it should be a matter of days before it is solved.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359615_140_full.jpg

this is the threaded adapter off the imported RUCA’s.

i used to have a pic of them mounted on an S14 but i cant fint it now.

imagine this piece with a rod end threaded into it and this piece threaded into the lug of the arm. the RUCA bolt is about 2" from the lug.

on mine it is 1" or less.

you know what i dont like about these things?

they aren’t pink.

thats right.

pink.

bingy boy i needs

last year several people wanted the rear X braces powder coated in pink. i got a quote but it wasnt pretty.

if you want an entire set of rear multi-link done in pink i will do it for you but it will cost alot extra. the powder has to be purchased for that run alone since no one stock pink powder

jeff is who i would recommend for customs runs like this.

i’d do my whole rear multi-link in that colour for sure

The traction arms are for the front, right?
Will fit S14?

count me in for a set.

all those arms are for the rear. for the front i think u can only change tc rods, hard tie rods/tie rod ends. and if youre hardcore, spl control arms.

so the third piece is, rear upper link? it seem longer than on the battleversion 's site.

And I thought s13/s14 are different.

http://www.splparts.com/Parts/S14/Suspension/Multilink/RearSuspension.jpg

what is the difference between the full circle rear upper arms that SPL sells and these half circle ones?

nothing. just for s13 and s14. but i think bing found that one of them worked for both.

nothing. just for s13 and s14. but i think bing found that one of them worked for both.[/quote]

really? neither one is stronger then the other or anything?

it is not a matter of strength, it is a matter of clearance.

all S14 RUCA’s are half-moon because the S14 rear struts are longer and narrower. the S13 is a full-loop because the struts are shorter and the lower spring perch is at the height where the RUCA is.

this is a direct comparison between S14 and S13 arms:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359615_137_full.jpg

you can see that the S14 one has a less aggressive arc.

i redesigned these ones that i have to fit both cars. the arc on these is far greater than that of the S14 ones pictured above.

the teflon rod ends i am providing have a radial load rating of 7000+ lbs, the non-teflon are slightly more.