Running rich

My CA18 is running rich. And I can’t firgue out why. Changed all the filters, new plugs. new therostat and coolant. Anyone got any ideas?. Its really bad.

oxygen sensor?

maybe, its fairly new looking, would it turn on the check engine light? because i dont have any lights on. im trying to get access to a code reader, or if that doesnt work out try to see if i can get blink codes off the ecu itself. would a bad colant sensor effect mixture that much? I’m guessin its running twice as rich as it should. about 240km for 45L fill ups so like 6 km/L. I just dont know where to start and im so busy with school i dont have alot of time to chase out the problem.

just try getting a safc and dynoing it.

Check for boost leaks. When my car was running rich after the swap it was because one of the endtanks on my IC was fucked and was getting major boost leak. The shop I took it to threw in a SAFC and told me its fine cuz it doesnt run as rich anymore. But the problem was still there.

Find the problem, don’t cover it up by leaning your mixture out with a safc.

your maf may be on its way out.

try cleaning it regardless.

cleaned the maf and it didnt change my richness, but it fixed all my hestataion and surging problems. is there an easy way to check for boost leaks without buying a guage? it runns rich at idle too so i dont think its a boost leak but u never know

If you want to test for a boost leak you will probably need a guage. But then just disconnect your IC piping from the compressor side of the turbo and go to hardware store and buy an end peice for PVC tubing that will seal the end of the intercooler piping you diconnected. Then get tire valve and put it in the end seal by punching a hole in it. (You can get them at Canadian tire). Make sure the whole thing is snug and air tight, and then use a bike pump the pressurize the system up to the amount of boost you normally run and then listen for leaks, or else get a guage and see if any pressure is being lost. Also a soapy solution sprayed on possible leak zones will bubble and give away a leak’s location. :anal