running rich

For some reason i’m running really rich I spit fuel out my exhaust my bumper and my driveway is covered in sute.

here is my set up
98 gsx
6bolt
450cc injectors
stock 2g maf
2g fuel pump
10psi stock boost
16g turbo
intake
ic piping
stock smic
greddy rs bov recircd
exhaust

why im running this rich i have no idea…i’m hoping someone out here will

well… don’t know imports… but for domestics, I know you have to have your car tuned for new (bigger) injectors… if not… your car will run rich as hell…

have you had the car tuned (either by urself, dyno, or mail order tune) since the injectors?

well your not running a maf translator or an afc or any tuning i see so that can’t be adjusted wrong. do you have an adjustable fuel pressure reg? make sure your at 43 psi with the vac line off, which is stock. maybe you have a vacuum leak somewhere. my best bet is you have a leak in your piping after the mass air flow meter. its reading xxx amount of air but its leaking out somewhere after it is already metered and the correct amount of fuel is injected for the amount of air that was metered. maybe you maf isn’t hooked up right. doy you have a bov or the stock bypass valve, if you have a blow off you need to either take it off and put the bypass valve back on or get a maf translator and put the gm maf sensor in your pipes after the blow off valve do to it blowing metered air out before it gets into the engine. you sure you have 450’s as well.

the injectors are stock, fuel rail and fpr is all stock. im thinking i have a leak. probably coming from my bov. it is recircd back into the intake. the maf cant be hooked up wrong it just plugs in. im building a boost leak tester and going to see if i have a leak. its probably something stupid like from a coupler or something

does it sputter or just run rich, is it rich at all rpms and boost?

i know it gets liek 12mpg. and it shuts sute out on my driveway when i start it up. i cant obviously see if its spitting when im driving but i know when it sits it does

does it blow black smoke? im sure you could see that while driving.

f/p reg bladder has hole letting gas get by

don’t you have at least an a/f and egt guages? check your plugs if it sputters and breaks up, running that rich will probably foul them out in time anyway.

not i can tell while driving.

plugs are new and no i dont have a/f or egt

well id get new plugs, get ngk bpr7-es, one step colder than stock and they are like $5 at advance auto. and check for a boost leak. i made a pressure tester by using a spray paint cap and drilling a hole in it and putting a tire valve in it, use it with a coupler and use another paint cap for the other end and watch the pressure, 20 psi is good.

yeah i know how to make a leak tester. the plugs are new the car has ran maybe 5 miles with the new ones and i do have the ngk bpr4es in it

if its not this
here are some idea’s
when my dsm started running like crap it ended up being the plug wires. Did it always run like that… the injectors from the Cyclone 6 Bolt might not be 450’s.

4’s sound like they might be too cold for 10psi
stock is BPR6ES; @ Gap .032

plug wires are new. i thought the cyclones were 510s and yellow but i can see the top of my injectors and they are definitly black. and from what i read they are black top 1g 450s
what is the f/p reg bladder?
im running bpr7es @ .032

its the rubber bladder inside the fp regulator.
had one 2 years old from kenne bell leak on a trip to nc-everyone thought i had leaking injectors:ugh2:

pull the vac line off the top and see if gas is in the line on comming out of the reg

probably a boost leak, or like what was mentioned bad FPR, check for a clog in the return line as well, it could cause your FP to be too high.

1g 450s are blue tops not black, 2g 450s are black. and 390s are gray.

buy a wideband gauge, and get an safc2 and get your car tuned.