RUSSSSSST

Okay, I bought a used 1990’ 240sx Fastback, its my first car :smiley:

ANYWAY, I can see that it has been taken care of but the rotors and calipers are pretty rusty. The calipers arent bad but the rotor is pretty rusty and not clean at all - unliek half the pics I see here!

How do you guys keep your shit so non rusty other then frequent oilsprays. Do you avoid rain and snow completley. Is it INEVITABLE to get rust on them?

Thanks

driving frequently will keep the rust off, if they are really rusty right now i suggest takeing your wheel off and sand all the rust off them

They get rusty pretty easy, something like washign you car will get them to look rusty, just drive a block and they;ll be good. But like trevor said, if they look very rusty, sand them.

if its like mad rust just go buy new rotors there only like 20$ each

Will spraying them regularly keep the rust off?

LOL just drive the damn car everyday. It keeps the rust off

just drive
spraying the rotors w/ nething will end up killing urself…

^^^^^^Agreed…I got a bit of tire shine on my rotors once…lost about 30% braking power for the 1st few stops…it goes away quickly…Recently car was on blocks and i was wetsanding it…they got a bit rusty but thats normal…even then it took a few stops before i had the brake power ive always had. if the rotors got enough meat on it i dont see why you couldnt get it turned…

if its like aftermarket rotors high quality shizzz then go get them machined, easy and its like brand new rotors, you would have to remove em off ur car and its like 47 bucks for 2. if its just stock dont worry about it, if its severly rusted jsut get new ones 20 bucks wooppeedoo :slight_smile:

worst forum ever

nice avatar. dont bite

if you don’t want your rotors to rust I would suggest buying zinc plated rotors.

the zinc coating prevents rusting & corrosion as it is not as suseptible (spelling?) to weathering as their iron counterparts.