rusted rockers

so i went to look at buying my first 240sx and the rockers are all rusted pretty much gone but the rest of the car is in good condition i was curious if anyone knows what it would cost to repair them and if u know a good shop i could contact anywhere around toronto

i was told earlier by somebody to take a look at centerline motorsports?

IDKKKK

I remember when rusty cars were ok, then I worked on one.

definetly check out centerline motorsports. or PM Acidz on here… pics will help with an accurate quote

if rocker is gone wouldnt rail too?

+1 for acidz at Centerline

thanks for the help guys i did contact acidz and hes checking out the car for me to give me a accurate quote +10 for acidz nice guy

rockers are all rusted pretty much gone but the rest of the car is in good condition

I though the same thing my 1st 240… let me make it less painful now… its not.

If the rockers are gone. I can guarantee there is a million other spots too that you just didn`t see.

Almost everyone on here has gone through what youre about to man. If youre ok with it. Go ahead. But if not. I suggest waiting.

No. They’re below the door jam and the rocker is much thicker so rusts slower but they have layers. Its not even that bad to fix, just use some sheet metal, mild welding and bondo before repaint. Nowhere near as bad as fixing frame rails but lol people are being alil to dramatic imo.

I agree man. People are giving up on cars way too easily and scrapping them… Our grand kids wont get to enjoy these cars if it keeps going like this. My rocker was gone but I welded some sheet metal from both sides and now looks good as new.The strength is definitely there as well. I’ve only welded like 5 times in my life so it just goes to show that anyone can fix anything with a bit of time and practice…

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3756/img0504zd.jpg

thank you sir^^ well said

in 20-40 years i would hope my kid is getting an old as 03 350z not a 91 240sx…

ok?? thats besides the point, guys shouldn’t be scared to fab there cars if there is some rust, my dad beats himself up for selling of his 1969 Baracuda for like $600 when he was young cause the rear leaf spring broke… lol

rocker panel = strut tower photo

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/templates/14288.jpg

lmao. thats what happens when you breath in too much welding fumes I guess. I can upload a few picks of the rocker if anyones interested. I basically welded thin sheet metal on bother sides then grinned the welds down and bondoed it smooth. I think it turned out stronger then stock

the 240s have a sunroof that has drainage tubes that run from the roof into the rockers. so your rockers rot out from the back side first. if you fix your rockers my suggestion is to lengthen the tubes and run them out of the rockers. or this problem will happen again and again.

lololol