Rocker panel repair

I just bought an s13 off here from nvmysx and both rockers under neath have holes and the frame looks alright just a tiny hole on the passenger side. I’ll get pics up later tonight but I was wondering if anyone knows a good shop to take it too if its even worth putting new metal in or just fiberglass it. The overall body looks pretty good and the strut towers are pretty clean.

Dont fiberglass or bondo thats just retarded and waiting to rot

Don’t be dumb. Do it right. Weld in new metal…

haha well I’m washing it then taking a pic. I have no clue about body work can you even order new rockers?

^ +1

Do it right, or don’t do it at all.

username makes post haha

well I’m willing to do it rite if anyone could tell me where to get it done

Any reputable restoration shop should be more than capable of doing it… I can’t foresee many collision repair shops taking on that task…

then again… It’s not very hard to diy…

union

talk to mark, im sure he could help you out

Message rmallari on the boards here. He knows a guy.

picturesssss

PM ME if your interested in rust repair!!!

Anyone that offers ability to fix rusted metal be it rockers, strut towers, whatever should showcase pictures of their previous work imo… just a thought for good business both ways

cut out all rusted metal. Weld in new metal… Do it right or don’t do it fuberglass will just hold in more moisture and rot it out even more… that was the death of my Red 240 :frowning: thats how mine came and the damage was done

which appears to be everyone who picks up a PA welder on special…

Take it to someone who does it for a living… or get the help of someone who does.

You’re gonna have to paint/ treat it after. Sounds like your rockers are shit and your paint is old. I’d wait and do the body / paint in one shot unless you wanna Tremclad it.

People dont want to pay to have it done right.

Properly removing rusty metal and welding in new stuff takes hours and hours.

I worked for a shop years ago that had 20 hours into rust repair on an S13, the owner wanted all the rust gone he didn’t care what it cost. Once he was handed a $2000 bill he freaked out and said it was outrageous. They put a lein on his car and he had to pay it before it left the shop.

You get what you pay for. A $50 rust repair is a temporary fix, which will probably make things worse in the long run.

its too bad nissan/infiniti comes with a rust packages more so then other japanese vehicles

yep^, get your screw driver out and see how soft it really is…

if you have a tiny hole, it rusted from the inside out…

I replaced 2 entire rocker panels in order to do it right, after I saw what the sand blasting revealed the holes really looked like…

hMM OK tried to take pics my phone flash sucks so im waiting for my friend to lend me his cam. How much on average does it cost to get two rockers replaced/repaired? Is it possible to get oem ones or will a shop just bend there own metal. Acidz I’ll pm you later this week I need to scrounge up some money.