rusted/seized lug nuts!

can someone who has alot of experience removing rusted/seized lug nuts help me out? i got two that are seized…need to remove them to change my brakes n do other things lol…plz MSG me…the thin gis…i need this done fast, i cannot afford to leav emy car overnight or anything…so basically while i wait? lol my regular mechanic buddy doesnt have the tools to remove it…well he tried with his kit n it messed up his kit…lol so plz msg me with prices or whatnot, thx!!~~

Eric

have your tried something like pb blaster and a breaker bar?

torch em up for a bit?

i got no idea what those are…n i dont have a torch lol…i have OEM 5 lug rims on…which are pretty worn, i dont really care if they get a bit damaged(as long as usable and no deep cuts or wutever lol)…i just need to have these things removable lol

go to home depot - plumbing section - pick up the portable butane torch …

i was able to take of my lock nuts when i broke my key.

home depot has rentably torches not oxy torches but something that will be hot enough to heat up the lug`s then once there hot hammer a socket on to them then once the socket is on take the lugs off break them while the car is on the ground then lift your car

Hammer on the breaker or w/e you are using to get the lugs off… then just untorque them. I had rusted lugs 2 days ago till someone helped me out.

air hammer them off, clean your studs really good with a wire brush, and get new lugs no more problems

well I took it to the mech near my workplace n he couldn’t get it out…hammered th shit outta it too lol…so im gonna take it back this week. he is gonna torch it till it is hot enough then try it again

No prob Dan, someone had to do the man’s work around there…

Can you get the socket on there and they’re just rusted on? Or are the bolts mangled too? 'Cause if it’s just the bolts rusted on, I say stop being a wuss, and or use a long chunk of pipe on a breaker bar. Heating them can affect other things if you don’t do it right. Just hose the shit out of it with penetrating oil, and put some muscle into it.

iv had this problem before, go and get new studs, then put bar on the lugnuts and jump up and down on the bar till the studs brake, replace studs while doing brakes. and your golden. just dont slip off the bar and hit ur face on the car… i almost did

btw: matt i still have ur studs laying around with lug nuts on them… found them the other day from when we did this lol

annnnddddd doing do all this heating crap its a waste of time and effort, just spring the 1.50 at crappy tire for new studs and take the 5 minutes to change them when the rotors/calipers are off.

well…lol…how much torque is in those air guns? air pressure guns? wutever it’s called…cuz they tried that for like 30 minutes n couldnt get it…they put penetrating oil on it and i drove back to work…so gonna go back on thursday for them to do it since i already paid them in advance for one hour’s labour…

agh it’s such a headache…

just friggin break them off. not worth the time ur spending on them at all. put a bar on it, get a hefty fella to jump on it and snap the studs.
Did that to 6 of mine.

2nd. if you truely put enough pressure on it 1 of 2 things will happen. you will break the stud or you will loosin the the nut. ethier way it will come off. by the way i have seen an impact gun break studs aready. ontario rust sucks balls.

peace

when u say break it do u mean the lug nut? or the actual stud things the lug nuts are rusted to? agh…haha I have no experience with rusted lug nuts…n te other proble is that its a lock on it…no key…prevoius oner didn’t give key…which is why I can’t do it at home…dont got that kit with various patterned keys…I think that’s what it was…mech used those n hamered it in and tried with the impact gun…is that etter? or jumping on it with a bar?

IF your going to break the studs. (thats what id do) just jump on a bar, it shouldnt be that hard to snap them either. then get ur wheel off hammer the broken ones out

Chances are low you’re gonna break the studs, if you do, they should’ve been replaced, or you just tightened it until they snapped…

Impact gun usually has little benefit over a good long breaker bar and some muscle, unless it’s an industrial one, like transport shops use (I used to use one at work, they’re pretty damn burly, and definitely overkill for a car)… Seriously, I can’t believe they’re stuck on there so hard you can’t break them loose with 4’ of pipe and a breaker bar…

well i never tried to do it with a bar…again my problem is that the two rusted lock nuts are the ones with a key…which the previous owner did not give me lol…so i had to go to the mechanic who had this kit full of different sized keys or something…so i was there for like 20 minutes, didnt think about jumping on it since i thought the impact gun was pretty strong…well i’m going back on thursday before work n i’ll suggest it to them…and yea it’s true…if the stud breaks then it probably is due for replacement since it’s so weak lol…but we’ll see how things go this thursday…

use a bar the gun isnt as strong as a person with abreaker bar.

Um, I just said that.