S-AFC 2/DSM 450cc/GT2530 setup problems

ok, after blowing the head gasket, my friend and i got around to fixing the car and adding my turbo, afc and injectors.
the injectors are DSM 450cc, and fit in just fine after exchanging the o-rings from the stockers.

i added the DSMs to feed fuel for the GT2530 turbo.

i followed the wiring directions from the PDF on the website, and without much more info, i setup the car as 4 cyl, throttle up (0-5V), and hotwire 7 in and 7 out. i also took -5% at 800rpm on the low and high throttle maps.

now when the car is cranked, there’s no indication of movement on the RPM signal on the AFC or on the cluster, and it doesn’t start.

could it be flooding? or could there be something wrong with the sensor? or is the #of cylinders correct cuz its direct ignition? i’ve double checked the wiring already. the wiring is crimped together with a VS3 tool. (ideal for cutting, splicing and tieing two or more wires together in one simple crimp.)

did u change head gasket…if so did u check timing?

I bet its somthing simple like CAS unpluged or ignitor chip unpluged Maby even the grounds for the coil packs on the back of the block or the harness grounds on your engine??? Id see you geting some sort of sign of a start up even if it was rich or lean. I bet if you look over some stuff you will see somthing dumb and simple :slight_smile:

Ive herd of this crimping tool unit but never used it. Can u post a pic :):slight_smile:

there turned out to be some instability using the crimping tool, some wires weren’t connecting very well. i guess the VS3 is only meant for very thin wire guages. also the connector on the AFC was corroded and we just hard-wired it.

the major poblem turned out to be the CAS alignment pin being broken, and we weren’t getting the right spark timing. it took awhile to get into the right position without it, but after she started up just fine.

SUPER rich though. anyone else using 450cc injectors and no FPR? the AFC is set to -22% for idle right now. can anyone share their AFC AFM adjustments starting from 800-3600 on low throttle? that would be great until i can get it to the dyno.