need help with the 1g talon tsi

ok i replaced the stock turbo with a small 16g. i install everything and it wont start. the afc wont come on but all the other lights and guages come on. the car will turn over just wont fire up. i replaced the relay i forget what the name of it is but its the one under the dash on the pass. side by the ecu. which i also got rebuilt and still wont start. im not getting any spark somewhere and i dont get why the afc wont turn on. i didnt even mess with anything electrical when i put the turbo on and now it just wont start. i dont know shit about dsms just that its been nothing but a pain in the ass since i got it. i wish i still had my corrado at least i knew how to fix it every week :wink: any dsm guys know what it could be? i really need to fix it so i can sell it. thanks

did you plug the mass airflow back in

yeai hooked everything back up

i dont think you did if it ran before what else did you change besuides turbo

you dont think the crank angle sensor could have went bad or the airflow sensor?

is it cranking but not starting, i dont think thoes things would go bad in the time it takes to put in a turbo

its cranking just not starting

do you have a timing light? see if you’re getting spark to each plug wire… start there and let us know.

ok ill check

i’d check out a DSM specific site, perhaps even westpadsm.com:smiley:

I’ll buy it not running :x:

the offer of 500 cash is still good

yea ok and you can get the turbo for 500.

has the car not run since you had the ecu re-done? That’s what I blame. I’ll give you $400 for the car w/o the turb…

450 without turbo

Hey, I may be buying it complete, so back off, bitches!

sorry im taking it to satan (mitshu.) tomorrow for a diagnostic test to see what the matter is then im gonna fix it and sell it. i have a buyer lined up who really wants it i just gotta get it fixed. my guess is there is a short somewhere so im gonna have the shitfaces at the dealer tell me what the matter is.

coup let me know what you wanna do ill have i sorted out tomorrow as to what the probelm is.

start over…it ran BEFORE you put the turbo in…and all u did was the turbo and now it cranks but won’t run? check the mpi fuse on the battery

actually u know what scrap that…my bet is you blew the alt fuse putting the turbo in since the alt sits so close to the housing, the interior lights will come on but the ecu won’t and the afc wont’ either…check that instead i bet that’s where your prob is