s10 conversions

my dad has an 80’s s10 that is just sittin at his shop, i was thinking of making a tow vehical for a trailer. its a 2wd 2.5 with a stick. I have an olds 350 and a th350 that i could use. I was wondering if anyone knew of good sites that deal with these kinda s10 swaps. bravada442 maybe you can help me out on this one. I would like to put a bravada front on this truck since its gonna be olds powered. I’ll probably do a 84 hurst olds paint job on it too.

Why don’t you put that money into paying the city’s taxes down… :smiley:

J/k

From what I understand it isn’t that hard of a swap. My buddy wanted to do that with a 350 he has sitting already built with no home…

just get a big ass tranny cooler :slight_smile:

ez

The problem is gonna to be , to find a set of olds headers the will work in that chassis… GIT ER DONE

use tha manifolds

HEADERS > OLDS STOCK RESTRICTIVE MANIFOLDS

a guy down the street put a buick 455 in a 1/2 chevy pick up, it was a torque monster…just some useless info

Cutty - Come on over to www.blazinlow.com We have all the information that you could need on a v8 swap into an s-series vehicle. My name over there is S/T Lover. Post up and search around the forums over there, there is a TON of info… Also, start a thread asking if anyone knows of the differences between an olds motor swap and a chevy motor swap… Shouldn’t be too many differences, but youll get PLENTY of help over there.

i think that was a popular swap when replacing a diesel in those trucks.or i may be thinking of the olds 455. are they the same?

The olds and buick 455 are different animals… BUT, Cutty is asking about a swap into a s10, not a full size. Whole different animal. Stuffing a 455 into a s10 is going to be a fucking mission (someone im sure will insert a “darkstar is fat” comment into this, lol).

but a 350 of any time is much more manageable and useful into an s10.

No use of using a pigblock when a smallblock is enough :cool:

Oldsmobile grill on S-10s = teh win

Poooooooooop

So your dads blazer is “Pooooooooooooooop”? :grouphug: :love:

it dont have an olds grille

read the post above mine!!! I was commenting on that!!! That is why it was in quotes in my post…

I’m aware, eurodad… I was answering your question regarding the olds and buick differences… and then I was answering the person above you by talking abouta 455 into an s10 as opposed to fullsize… No love lost! :love: